10

calum's pov

it was three am when luke walked back into the hospital piss drunk and looking fucked out.

"where the hell have you been?" michael demands as luke leisurely sits down in one of the waiting chairs.

"awwww c'mon mikeyyyyy," luke slurs, giggling at the end. "you're being noooo fun!"

"luke, you're drunk," i say and he pouts at me.

"cal, i had to drink! ashy's hurt and i can't-" his voice breaks off as he hiccups, giggling again. "jackie let me drink lots and lots and lots and lots.. and then he brought me back to he place and we drank even more!"

i sigh, putting my head in my hands. "jack did this. jack let you get drunk. i thought you stopped talking to him."

"but he understands, cal! he knows what i neeeed to doooo to feeeel okayyyy!" luke argues.

"go get coffee," i tell michael before he punches luke and he goes off. i then turn to the drunk boy. "jack is the reason this happened in the first place. drinking doesn't solve your problems, luke. drinking doesn't fix it."

he looks at me, wide-eyed and innocent. "but it hurts so much if i don't. i don't want to remember that ashton's dying and it's my fault," he whispers.

michael comes back with a cup of coffee which luke happily drinks. i take his phone and call jack.

"luke, baby? calling back already?" his voice says. he doesn't sound nearly as drunk as luke.

"get back here in five minutes or you'll be sorry," i mutter and hang up, walking outside.

he's quick. he shows up in under four minutes.

"calum? what do you want?" he asks when he sees me.

i walk up to him and grab him by the collar of his shirt. "you fucking ruined him. you destroyed luke. you're the fucking reason ashton is dying. you're the reason we're all going insane."

"what the hell are you talking about?!"

"don't act stupid! it's all your fault!" i punch him. i punch him again and again and i beat the shit out of him until michael runs out and grabs me, holding me back.

"cal, stop! it's not worth it!" he yells.

jack gets up, face bruised and bleeding and gets into his car. he drives off while i stand there.

"ashton's our sanity, isn't he?" i whisper.

michael looks at me sadly and nods.

"yeah. he is."