We Are All One

During the week I came across this message and was so moved by it that I felt it deserved a posting just for itself. Below is the transcription of the above video - the words of Hopi elders speaking. It's a beautiful, incredibly moving video, I do hope you will take the time to watch.

"When the Europeans first came here...Columbus. We could drink out of any river. If the Europeans had lived the Indian way when they came, we'd still be drinking out of the water because the water is sacred. The air is sacred.

"Our DNA is made of the same DNA as the tree

"Our DNA is made of the same DNA as the tree. The tree breathes what we exhale, when the tree exhales we need what the tree exhales so... we have a common destiny with the tree.

"We are all from the earth and when the earth, the water, the atmosphere is corrupted then it will create it's own reaction. Mother Earth is reacting.

"And the world has become "a market" and it's this market that we have to deal with and it's this idea of boundless and endless resources. And when you say resources you're talking about our relatives, you're talking about our family. These are our family, not a resource...family. And it requires all of our respect. 

"The structure of the world itself is such that it functions on natural law, and the natural law is a powerful, regenerative process

"The structure of the world itself is such that it functions on natural law, and the natural law is a powerful, regenerative process. It's a process of regeneration that continues and grows and is endless, absolutely endless...if everyone agrees to the law and follows the law. But if you challenge the law and you think you're going to change the law, then you're bound to failure. And in that failure will be a lot of pain, because the natural law has no mercy. It is only the law.  

"The Earth is all powerful. It wasn't made for human beings, we're part of it. But we don't have to be here because the earth has it's own process. And if it comes to the point where you destroy yourself as human beings and you destroy life and finally leave this earth, the earth's not going to disappear. There's not going to be an end of the world. That's really a very interesting concept story. No the world won't end. People with life on it will. So it's not the end of the world you're talking about, it's the end of us. And the world, no matter what damage you think you've done to it, will regenerate, will regreen, will redo everything that was here at one time, except there won't be any people. Because...it's got all the time in the world.