60.11.10.00

There is a place, in another universe, and within another reality, which is both as near to us as a thought and as far from us as the beginning of time

There is a place, in another universe, and within another reality, which is both as near to us as a thought and as far from us as the beginning of time. In this place you will find a kingdom, filled with beautiful castles, enchanting forests and verdant meadows. Its subjects are happy and love their king, who is the strongest and most handsome of all the inhabitants of the land. While still a prince, he learned from the wise teachers how to harness the planet's natural forces of magic. Realising he had the power to create a perfect kingdom, he set about making his plans. Though there would be a price to pay for taking what he should not, in his pride and arrogance he ignored the warnings of the wise teachers, and gathered up the planet's magical energy, diverting it away from its true purpose to use in remaking the kingdom into a place of perfection for himself and his subjects.

Years passed, idly, as men and women spent their time in the pursuit of leisure, at picnics, pageants, jousts, and masquerade balls; and those of the country, at fairs, in sports, and the passing of idyllic days surrounded by lush fields. The king issued just one command to his subjects - beauty must be first in all things. Not a sentence should be uttered unless it is poetic, not a building should be built unless it is harmonious to the eye. Nothing ordinary or mundane must ever be seen or heard. Grateful for being freed from the ugly chains of travail and toil, all strove for perfection to please their beloved king.

One day the king woke from a restless sleep, realising he has become tired of the delights of his palace. Deciding to admire his handiwork, he chooses to ride out, alone. He is pleased with the perfect weather, and the pleasant sights meeting his eyes. But despite his many reasons for contentment, he finds himself wishing for a queen who could be his equal, who would admire and enjoy his kingdom with him. Despite his efforts to find a queen, not one woman had yet captured his heart. Bleak feelings haunt him and he wonders if he has no choice but to conjure a woman to be his lifelong companion.

While he is wandering through the meadows lost in his thoughts he happens upon a sheltered glade where a small waterfall tumbles into crystal clear pool. He does not recognise the place. Unease surrounds him, for he senses powerful magic lies upon the glade. He utters a spell to place a shield around him and his horse, but the words tumble, useless, from his lips. He spurs his mount to a gallop, but no matter how hard his horse runs, he never reaches the edge of the glade. As his horse stumbles with exhaustion, he turns to look back at the waterfall, dismayed to find he has ridden no further away from it than when he began.

A stirring comes from the pool's clear waters. Three figures step out from the surface of the water, their bodies dry. They are the most breathtaking beings the king has ever seen. Flanked by two men far superior in perfection than he, is a woman, her beauty beyond comprehension. She gestures to the men and they stand a little apart. Even her movements are flawless. For some moments, the woman stands before the king and gazes at him, as though she is seeing someone she has seen once before, long ago. Her men stand as still as statues, their gold and silver chased jeweled torques, arm, and wrist bands glittering in the reflection of the pure waters.