Chapter 13

It was perfect.

Until Daniel's phone started ringing, he answered and held it to his ear, and just like that, his expression changed from happy to shocked and broken.
"Danny?" I ask worriedly, he remains silent, trying to get the words to escape from his mouth, then finally, he said the last thing I wanted to ever hear.

"J-Jack, h-he tried to k-kill himse..." he stuttered not able to finish his sentence.
My heart broke, I knew it was my fault.
I grab Daniel's hand who's still in a state of shock and depression and speed off home, probably breaking every single speed limit.
None of us said a word. We were both guilty.

As soon as we pulled up, I jumped out the car and into the boys' house where everyone was. I see the paramedic leaving as soon as I enter. I walk in the living room with Daniel to see everyone crying...and jack.
He had rope burns round his neck and he had bandages on his wrists, I can tell he'd been drinking. Why is he doing this to himself? No, it's all my fault.

I let the tears fall, "jack" I croak out and go to hug him. He simply pushes me off and goes up to his room, not saying a word, not even looking me in the eye. That just broke me even more.
"I should go with him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid again" Jonah says, wiping his excess tears off his face.

Slowly everyone leaves the living room, leaving me and my thoughts. What have I done to Jack? I've broken him. It's all my fault. I'm the guilty one. I wish I could turn back time, not be so harsh, try and stop all of this from happening. Maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't be living this nightmare. No. Jack has to talk to me, I miss the sound of his voice so much. I miss him so much.

I go upstairs to Jack's room and see Jonah leaving the room,
"He hasn't said a word to me, you should try talking to him" he croaks out of his tears and goes downstairs.
I feel so bad for Jonah, he's trying to make everything alright, trying to look out for everyone, take care of everyone. Poor thing, he has no one to play that "big brother" for him.

I take a deep breath and lightly knock on the door,
"Jack, it's Mia, I know I'm the last person you wanna see right now and talk to but...I miss you. I miss you so much" I manage to croak out between tears.
Silence. Deafening silence.
I sit down against the door, "I'm not leaving from this spot till I make sure you're okay, I will not eat or drink, till I get an answer Jack. I will not rest, till I hear your voice." I say firmly, easing at the last part.
Still silence.

I sit there, with my thoughts, for about 2 hours, I know he heard me as I would hear movement and sobs occasionally. And I know he would come check up on me because I would see his silhouette from underneath the door, coming against it every now and then.

Just talk to me Jack.

Jack's P.O.V

I've been a fucking wreck since I saw her kiss and choose Daniel. I'm not good enough. I had to drink, so I went to my 'friend' well more like someone who went to my high school who is now a drug supplier. But even then, Mia managed to save me. Why is everything about her so godamn perfect?! But I can't have her anymore. It's best I just stop talking to her. I can't take the pain and heartbreak.

" I'm not leaving from this spot till I make sure you're okay, I will not eat or drink, till I get an answer Jack. I will not rest, till I hear your voice." she says firmly yet easing at the last part. That broke my heart even more.
Should I talk to her? It's just going to lead to heartbreak. But, if I don't, she's not gonna eat or drink and.....that's gonna kill me.

I keep going back and forth to the door to make sure she's okay. After 2 hours. I finally give in.

"Mia" I croak out.

Mia's P.O.V

"Mia" he croaks out, I jump and smile through my tears whilst leaning against the door. "Please eat" he says through tears.
"No, not until you come out and talk to me" I say
I hear a click and the door opens, Jack looked heartbroken and torn. His red tear stained face, his messy curls, his bruises from....what he did to himself.

I jump up and wrap my arms around him; but he doesn't hug back.
"There you go, now please, just go eat" he says. I can tell he cares, but he doesn't want to show it, as if it's a crime.
I know it's the fact that me and Daniel are together.
"You're eating with me" I say and grab his arm and drag him to the kitchen to see everyone eating with two extra plates with food laid out. They all smile, and I smile back at the fact that they knew I would convince him.

He eats, but I can tell he wasn't in the mood. He kept shooting quick glances at me and Daniel. After he ate, he didn't say a word. He simply got up and left the kitchen, back up to his room.
I couldn't stop worrying for the rest of the night, neither could Daniel.

I broke Jack.

A/N
Sorry I haven't update In a while! Dont come for me😂🤷🏻‍♀️Butttt, I've got some good ideas for this book so keep reading lovelies☺️❤Mkay bye.