Chapter 17

Mia's P.O.V

I began dozing off until I heard the sound of someone loudly entering the house that startled me awake.......

I looked to my right, Daniel was wide awake, I could tell he hadn't fallen asleep. He must've heard it to because the  person was pretty loud, he slid out of bed and down the stairs. I had a feeling I knew who it was......
I followed Daniel downstairs and saw that everyone else was coming downstairs too due to the noise of the front door slamming, cabinets opening and the person stumbling around.

Daniel hid me behind him, guarding me. I looked beside me, Taylor was wreck. Her messy hair, tear stained face, red puffy sore eyes, it's as if she cried so much, there was no emotion left, she was just standing there, with a blank expression. I squeezed her hand and smiled, reassuring she'll be okay to which she forced a smile. She was in this state, all because of Zach. Speaking of Zach.

There he was.

In the kitchen, stumbling around, drunk. The boys were trying to grab a hold of him and control him but he pushed them away. What's with these boys and underage drinking?
He continued to take swigs from the bottle, he turned to me and Taylor and stopped in his tracks. He moved forward. I inched back in fear.
Taylor cracked again, letting out another tear. Zach put his hand on her cheek and attempted to wipe it away, to which she slapped him amazingly hard on his cheek, bruising it, turning into a deep magenta which was sure to be black and blue later.

"You asshole, don't touch me and don't ever touch Mia again? You hear me? Don't ever talk to me again. No. Don't ever look at me again. I don't ever wanna see your disgusting lowlife ass ever again." She yelled angrily through tears then turned around and ran back upstairs. He looked hurt and guilty, even in his drunk state.
He then turned and looked at me at which point I was in tears, he once again moved forward but this time Daniel came in front of me angrily and protectively.
"Don't you dare even look at Mia again. Let alone touch her or even talk to her, you disgusting little betraying asshole. You are so lucky that you are in this band and that I care about our careers. Or else I would've killed you by now. Asshole" he warned Zach. I didn't even wanna look at that pervert. Being in the same house as him scared me to death.

Zach didn't say a word, even though he was drunk. I looked at him, his head was down, he was in tears and looked truly sorry. I almost felt sorry for him. Then I snapped back when I remembered what he did to me. Asshole.
Daniel took me back up to bed whilst Jack, Jonah and Corbyn handled Zach.
I tried to sleep but I really couldn't. Daniel must've realised because he wrapped himself around me, protecting me. And started singing softly yet perfectly.
And slowly, I fell asleep to the sound of an angel.

Zach's P.O.V

I don't know what came over me. I bet I came across as a fucking asshole and pervert. I am an asshole. It's just, she looked so beautiful in that dress.  And I know what you're thinking, what about Taylor? Oh boy, I'm gonna sound like even more of an asshole after this. Truth is, I only started dating Taylor to get closer to Mia, I've loved her since the day I saw her, but then Jack and Daniel were fighting over her, and I didn't wanna add to the troubles. When I saw her with Daniel, it really hurt me and I thought I would never have a chance. So I started to get close to then dating Taylor. And don't get me wrong, Taylor is so amazing and sweet and gorgeous and perfect, that's why I started falling in love with her and forgetting about Mia.

But then at the party, I guess it came back seeing her like that, and something came over me, and it was wrong. I made a huge mistake. Taylor had every right to break up with me and slap me. So I kept quiet. Mia had every right to be angry and scared. So I stayed quiet. Daniel had every right to beat me up and warn me. So I kept quiet. Everyone has every fucking right to yell at me, hit me, be angry at me. I won't say a word.

Because, I fucked up.

Daniel's P.O.V

If that little dickhead ever touches Mia again, I will kill him. I mean it. Seeing Mia like this kills me, I know how much she hates being vulnerable. She's told me about her.......past, her self abuse, the bullying. Now, seeing her so fragile, vulnerable and scared kills me. It's all because of Zach! Not to mention Taylor. Poor thing is a wreck, she's heartbroken and miserable. And it's all because of Zach.

I had to sing Mia to sleep because she couldn't sleep thinking about everything that's going on. I looked down at her, in my arms. Her soft breathing up and down. Her perfect gorgeous face, A single strand of her softly fallen in front of her face. I push it behind her ear and give her a kiss on her forehead before falling asleep myself. I don't wanna lose her.

I love her.

Taylor's P.O.V

I'm broken. Just broken. I've cried so much, there's no more tears left. He broke me. I don't even wanna think about his name. I don't wanna think about him. He never truly loved me did he? Not to mention what he did to Mia. I'm glad I slapped him. I'm glad he cried. I'm glad I hurt him.

A heart for a heart.