Chapter 35

Mia's P.O.V

I freeze. My heart stops. Zach's words ring in my ear repeatedly. I hang up before he could say anything else. This can't be happening. It's all my fault, it's all my fault! I don't hesitate to begin running, I run to the hospital although it's quite far away. All I can think about is Daniel. If only, I had took the chance before, and not have been afraid to love, he wouldn't be there, it never would've happened.

I continue running, tears coming out uncontrollably. My mind is racing, not being able to keep up with my feet. I come to a halt once I enter the hospital.
I got to the reception and ask which room and floor, I then run to the fifth floor, looking for room 158.

I stop when I see the boys and Taylor, along with Katie, all are distraught and in tears, I look at Katie who's kicking in Zach's arms, sobbing to see Daniel. They all turn to me once they see me.
I walk forward, not wanting to see how bad it is. I look through the window pane of the door and cover my mouth, now sobbing on the floor uncontrollably.

They come to help me up but, all I could see was Daniel, he was laying lifeless on the bed, on life support, he had blood support and deep wounds on his head, face and stomach. And it was all my fault.
He went out looking for me, driving in panic and worry, wondering where I was. He must've been speeding and too worried that he wasn't paying attention to the road and the police and ambulance had said that a large lorry had major impact with him. It's all my fault. I'll never forgive myself.

The doctor had let me go in for a bit, I knelt down beside him. I can't believe what I took for granted. I was trying to avoid his beautiful ocean eyes for so long, and now, when I finally want to look into them and overcome my fears, I can't look into them, and I have no one to blame but myself.

After a while, I had to leave while the doctor checked up on him and then came out with some news,
"There is a very high chance that Mr Seavey will slip into a coma" he informed us. That just made all of us break down even more. I can't lose him now, when I finally decided to overcome my fear, I can't lose him.

"It's gonna be a long night, I'll go get us some food" Jonah croaked out, attempting to stop crying. I stayed silent, staring at the cold hard hospital floor. At this point, Katie had fallen asleep in Zach's arm from endlessly crying.
Once Jonah had gotten food, I refused, I couldn't eat, not whilst knowing the love of my life might...I don't even want to think about it.

He kept insisting but I kept refusing in the end, he gave up. Jonah was right, it was a long night, for me especially since I didn't get any sleep. I couldn't sleep, I could only think about Daniel, I want him to open his eyes, I want to look into those mesmerising ocean blue eyes again.

Finally as dawn crept up, the rest began opening their eyes, Jack must've realised I didn't sleep because he went and got me a much needed coffee.
"Thanks" I said to which he sat beside me,
"He'll be okay, he'll open his eyes again, don't lose hope" he said to which I broke down and he engulfed me in a hug.

"I love him, and just as I was ready to look into his eyes again, I now might lose my chance forever, and it's all my fault jack, it's all my fault!" I said sobbing into his shoulder.
"Shhh, it's not your fault" he reassured but I still can't forgive myself.

Katie had woken up and came over and sat on my lap,
"Don't cry mummy, he'll be okay" she said looking up at me with her big blue sapphire eyes, she reminded me so much of Daniel. I hugged her, I love her so much, she's staying strong but I can tell, she really misses him.

Without him, I can't live, he completes me. I need him, he can't leave me. I want to hold his hand, look into his eyes, cuddle up to him, i want to turn back time take back everything, and be with him. I love him, I need him. I miss him.

All of a sudden, the doctor comes out, with a sad look on his face,
"I'm so sorry, Mr Seavey has...