Chapter 19

Brian's POV

“Hey baby come on lets get you inside.” I whispered into her ear. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I scooped her up out of the car. She snuggled into my chest as she continued to sleep. I hate seeing her like this so weak and tired. Val closed the car door and walking behind us into the house. Matt had the boys down in the music room. Everyone else had left to finish getting ready for tour. I laid Tari on our bed and covered her up with a blanket. I turned on the monitor so that I could hear her if she called for me. Just as I was about to leave I heard her.

“Brian...” Her voice was so weak and frail sounding it broke my heart every time. I walked back over to our bed.

“Hey beautiful.” I told her as I gently caressed her cheek.

“Stay...I just want you to hold me, please.”

“Anything for you baby.” I climbed into bed with her and she immediately curled up next to me. I wrapped my arms around her. Making sure she was warm and safe. I text Matt letting him know I was staying with Tari. It's not unusual for me to stay with her after treatment.

I decided to text the girls and see how things were going for my surprise I am planning for Tari. I know she is going to love it but she is also going to kill me. She hates surprises, but this one is unavoidable.

Brian: 'How's the planning goin?'

Val: 'Good, food is on schedule and will be ready'

Leana: 'Outfits are ready and at my house'

Lacey: 'Decorations are done everything looks beautiful'

Gena: 'I have everything I need for tomorrow'

Brian: 'Thanks you girls are the best!'

All: 'We know Brian!'

I put my phone down as I felt Tari move a bit trying to get comfortable again. I looked down at my angel and realized her blanket fell off her a bit. She must be cold, I pulled the blanket back up over her and heard a heart warming sigh leave her lips. Looking at her I know that I would never be able to live without her in my life. I sure hope she likes her surprise tomorrow.

I should text my mom and see if she found the present to go with her outfit tomorrow.

Brian: 'Did you find the present for Tari?'

Suzy: 'I did and its gorgeous'

Brian: 'Thanks mom love you'

Suzy: 'Of course anytime love you too. How is she 2nite?'

Brian: 'Exhausted resting comfortably on me right now.'

Suzy: 'Good give her and the boys our love.'

Brian: 'Will do'

I drifted off to sleep holding my angel in my arms elated knowing that she is mine and is most importantly alive.

I woke about an hour later to Alec calling my name.

“Dad wake up it's time for mom to take her medication.” He said quietly as not to wake his mother up.

“Thank you son.” I said as I looked at the bed side clock see it was late.

“Alec you and Jackson should be getting to bed.”

“Yeah Jackson is in bed and I told Aunt Val I would wake you up on my way to bed.”

“Thank you for that. Good night and I love you.”