Chapter 5: Orchid

"No! Put it over there!" Lillian's voice chimed across the living room.

Axel groaned at her constant soft yells, though they couldn't bust his eardrums they stressed him out with the constant worry of doing things wrong or her not liking his sense in decorating.

"Baby, people will be here soon. It's perfect, stop worrying." Though his attempts to calm her were meant to help it only seemed to worsen her breathing as she suddenly looked dazed with a worried expression etched on her face. Axel rushed over. "What's wrong?"

"I've- I've never, um, had people over, I'm scared." Even in her old house no one visited them. It was usually her and her dad and his countless amount of finished beer bottles.

"I'll be here holding your hand the whole day. All you have to do is meet my friends and socialize and I'll do the talking. I believe in you, sweetheart." He placed a tingling kiss on her cheek making her flush and forget about the people already.

She grinned. "I called Selene on my own too."

He rubbed his nose against hers, a lovesick feeling running through him. "Yes you did, baby, and I'm incredibly proud."

Though it was a simple task he knew with her social anxiety disorder it would be incredibly hard and though her voice was shaky and he had to hold her hand and give her reassuring smiles the whole way through he was truly proud.

The bell ringed and any sense of ease in her body immediately dispersed and was gone in a flash as her pulse quickened and her breathing went rugged. Her palms grew sweaty in his hold as he gave her a quick kiss and pulled her with him towards the door. She clutched onto him, her heart palpitating.

Another ring chimed just as Axel pulled the door open. He already told his friends to call him Dan and not to question it which they did because everyone knew not to cross out of the line with Axel. He also informed everyone to not be tardy considering Lillian always slept at 9:30pm and he didn't want to ruin her sleeping pattern by having them come in late and leave late considering his friends had the tendency of doing so.

When the sight of his best friend in a sweater and black jeans came to show it made him smile at how different he look. He also held back a snort because he knew his friend was dreading wearing the, pre-picked by Axel, outfit.

"Hi," Lillian shyly whispered, holding her hand out to be shaken.

"Hello." Jake bent down, taking her hand and placing a chaste kiss on her knuckles making her bright red. Axel gave him a hard look as Jake chuckled making his way in.

Axel made space welcoming his friend in. From the distance saw more people coming closer from the elevator so he left the door open and walked deeper into the living room with Jack and Lillian.

As Jack, Lillian, and Axel bonded the room filled up and everyone was conversing with one another. No sign of Selene has come but she did say she was going to be there so Lillian calmed her nerves.

Lillian and Dan walked hand in hand around the room making sure they talked to everyone. The room was packed with more guys than girls most probably because of Dan's friends who filled up the space in almost one moment with their large muscles and oddly tall stance though they were nothing compared to Dan who was obviously taller and more well built.

"Girl! Your house is incredibly! Damn is that your boyfriend?!" Selene's yelled from behind her making her bright red as Dan smirked.

"Hi, Selene. I'm glad-" before she could repeat the script she had engraved in her mind for the millionth time Selene interrupted, not in the mood for a formal greeting.

"Introduce me. If he isn't already yours can I please have him?" Lillian scratch an invisible itch on the side of her neck.

"Hello, I'm Dan." The name was like poison in his mouth but he continued. "I'm this beautiful girl's boyfriend." He shook Selene hand who was bright red and was swooning at their sweet relationship. But when the whiff of lasagna filled her senses it was all she could think about.

"Is there food? I'm quite hungry." Dan and Lillian laughed before pointing towards the row of food on a long table, they bought specifically for her house party. Selene runs over immediately towards the donuts and dessert section.

"She's a nice girl." Lillian smiles brightly at Dan's comment, a smile so bright his heart hurts for a moment as he remembers all the things he's done to her for years and yet this smile is still directed to him.

****

Lillian groaned and plopped on her couch, her muscles a bundle of ache. The door swung shut and Dan walked to the couch picking her legs up and placing them horizontally across his legs.

"That was exhausting." Dan nodded in agreement. They sat in complete silence for a moment, both on the edge of sleep.

Lillian's phone from her pocket buzzed, signaling her that a message has been received. Dan's head rolled from the headrest of the couch, already asleep, with his eyes shut with a steady breathing pattern. With a sigh, she opened her phone. The notification coming from an unknown number.

The image of her laying on the couch, legs across Dan's, and almost asleep takes over her phone. Dan is digital scribbled out of the picture, almost aggressively. She gasps reading the message making Dan steer for a moment before settling back into his deep sleep.

Thank you for inviting me, had a great time tonight. Oh and if you show this to your precious Dan, I'm letting your secret out. You remember, the one with your father-

She stops reading as sob crawls out. The memories on full volume in her head, almost paining her physically. Her heart wrenching cries are silent not wanting to wake Dan up. She tried suppress the memories of the vicious nights but she couldn't at the moment it was taking up her mind showing her vivid images of everything she ran away from.

Her body shook with silent sobs as she pulls her knees towards her, curling up in herself. Her heartbeat sped up when she remembered he's watching her. The sudden urge to throw up came over her. Her little legs running towards the nearest bathroom, pattering noises filling up the room.

Locking the door, she bent over the toilet letting all she's ate that day spew out. The worst part is she couldn't tell Dan. He wouldn't want her after knowing she impure. He wouldn't want her if he knew how broken she was. She was just pieces of glass shards with the sharpest of edges, and Dan deserves diamonds not broken pieces of past treasures, she thought.

She sat, back against the wall curling into herself, and letting her tears roll. Her body shaking with each sob she tried to suppress. Image after image playing through her mind.

A/N

Well, that's upsetting. If you liked this chapter please vote for it, it truly makes my day. Don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments and stuff. What did you think of this chapter?

his plucked flowerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें