Chapter 16: Lilies

"Who is it?!" Lillian mewled, pausing the romantic film that was playing.

Instead of an answer the doorbell rung again. Sighing, Lillian stood up, the blanket pooling behind her on top of the couch cushions.

She made her way to the wooden door that stood between her and whomever stood behind it. Twisting the door handle, she froze, wishing she never bothered with the door.

"Jake?" She subtly closed more of the door trying to keep herself hidden and safe, using the door as a shield. Jake's eyes followed the movement but didn't question it.

"Have you been cry? We can't have that." Jake stepped through, opening the door fully and forcing Lillian to take a step back.

He placed his warm hand on her stiff back leading her toward the plush couch, after shutting the large wooden door. Lillian cautiously followed him, feeling as though she just made a huge mistake.

"This is quite a set up you have here," Jake said, eyeing the various ice cream tubs and tissues scattered around. "Did someone die? Or did you and Dan break up?"

"I thought you and Axel weren't friends?"

Jake sucked in a breath, before plopping down on the couch and placing his hands behind his neck nuzzling his body into the cushions. "So that's what happened. You figured out who he was."

Lillian shrugged, before seating herself a good distance away from him. She cringed seeing the mess around her and subtly shoved the tissue pieces into empty ice cream tubs and placing them in the trashcan.

"But I mean his name is nothing considering his job. I mean, seriously a cotton candy girl with Mr. Mafia dude." He tutted. "Wasn't ever going to happen." He chuckled.

"What do you mean?" She frowned. "He isn't a CEO?"

"Oh, he lied about his job too." Jake chuckled. "I've taught him well."

Lillian frowned, now completely disgusted with herself for letting Axel into her life. "What does he even work as then?" she practically growled.

"Sheesh. Calm down. I literally just told he was Mr. Mafia. Don't get all Godzilla on my now."

"What does that mean? Axel can't be apart of a mafia."

"Um, chicka, he runs a whole mafia. I thought you were keeping up here."

Lillian ran her hands through her hair, slightly tugging. Suddenly she fell back on the couch, swearing to herself to never let him come anywhere near her, he could kill her with just his pinky if he wanted to and she let him into her home with her all alone, she let him touch her in ways he never should have, she never should've trusted him.

"He is brutal. God, I wish I have a video of it to show you."

They sat in silence as Lillian basically ignored his last comment, still in confused about the whole ordeal. Axel could've killed her if he wanted to. He wasn't only just a bad person he was someone who killed, he was someone who should be behind bars.

She gave him everything and he only gave her lies. She gave him her trust and love and he gave her hills upon hills of twisted truths, feeding her spoiled words and forcing her to swallow it all.

She shook her head, fighting against the thought of crying. He didn't deserve her tears, he didn't deserve anything from her. All he deserve was death, he was no Prince Charming of hers, he was the villain of her story.

Suddenly, the voices of the movie she just watched boomed again with its high volume. She whipped her head only to be greeted with a bored Jake staring at the romantic film without interest.

"This film sucks."

"I like it," she whispered.

"Can we watch an action film?"

Lillian pulled the remote from his hand and paused the movie again. "Don't you work for Axel? So aren't you like a criminal too?" she asked worriedly, her breathing escalating.

"I mean yeah. But we aren't that bad. I'm not gonna kill stop your worrying." He pulled the remote back and pressed play before pulling the blanket over him.

"Shouldn't you leave?"

"Nah, I'm good." Lillian sighed.

She wanted to kick him out but she knew if he left, no matter how hard she tried not to, she'd start bawling and crying all over again. If she was alone with her thoughts they'd force her tears to escape.

A/N

Hello, everyone. I'm sorry I've been late on updating for a couple of days. It's just I went to India and I just came back a few days ago. The day I came back I was shaking and vomiting and shivering, I was so sick it was awful, you should've seen it. And just today I had my cousins over. But don't worry the next chapter will be up soon. It's already done but I want to edit it properly before posting it. Love you guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed!