Chapter 8 - Our secrets

Rain was falling heavily from the sky as you just walked out of the coffee shop after your shift. The raindrops pelt on the ground and changed the street nearly into a river in less than a minute.

You: "You're kidding me."

-One second ago, the sun was shining brightly! Ugh, I'm such a lucky person.-

You looked up grumbling to the clouds as a thunder rung out. -Oh it's even thunder storming. Nice. You fucked up, Y/N.-

Without an umbrella it would take five seconds until you would seep like a showered poodle.

While you thought about running away and risking to catch a fever or if you wait until the rain calms down, the door of the coffee shop behind you swung open.

???: "Did someone call for an umbrella escort?"

Surprised you turned around to face the owner of this familiar voice. It takes you a few moments before you found the words to say as you saw a bright smiling Yoongi.

You: "You're coming here often since you know that I'm working here, right?"

You looked curious at him. You haven't noticed that he was the whole time in there as you were working and super busy as always.

Yoongi chuckled amused at you.

Yoongi: "Don't get your hopes up, dear."

You looked at him even more surprised and your eyebrows crashed together.

You: "...I didn't mean it like that." You mumbled annoyed and watched him as he opened his umbrella.

Yoongi: "Where shall we go?"

Yoongi flipped the umbrella over your head and looked at you.

-Damn it, my luck can't get better. I'm stuck with him now.-

You: "I need to go home.."

Yoongi: "And you need to tell me which way."

You: "Yoongi.. you can't come with me."

You said quietly and looked up at him. You saw how his face turned in confusion.

Yoongi: "You're strange Y/N. Why can't I accompany you? You should be pleased that somebody wants to help you. And I won't let you go alone through that crappy weather."

You sighed desperately. You have to admit, Yoongi was right. -I should be pleased. If I would wait here I would arrive too late and I can't risk a fever.-

You: "Alright, this way." you said hesitantly.

-----------

Yoongi: "So you are living here with your parents?"

You walked slowly next to each other through the slum area of this big city. Yoongi looked with a blank face at all those shabby buildings. Since he saw this part of the city, you could feel something oppressive coming from him. He didn't seem as comfortable as before anymore and you could read in his face how deep he was in his thoughts. Obviously, he wasn't used to this whole other world you were living in.

You: "No. With my older sister."

Yoongi snapped out of his thoughts as you began to speak.

Yoongi: "And your parents are..-"

You: "Dead, yes."

Yoongi was shocked. But he didn't know if it was because of the fact that your parents passed away or because your voice was suddenly cold as ice.