Chapter 16 - The game of emotions

You: "Namjoon?!"

You shouted terrified and surprised at the same time at Namjoon.

The fact that he was such a betrayer left you in a daze.

But Namjoon didn't even react to you. He didn't let you distract him.

Maybe because Jimin laid a watching eye on him when you spoke out his name.

Yoongi spotted Namjoon as well, as those figures threatened him with their guns.

His facial expression turned into a blank one. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. His best friend holding a gun at him, ready to end his life without even blinking.

Yoongi: "You bastard! How could you?!"

But Namjoon didn't answer. He didn't even look into his eyes. He just seemed to wait until this would be over.

You began to boil up inside because of this. You wanted to destroy everything around you. You wanted to be the one who destroyed Namjoon. Just as he had threatened you because of this stupid wallet.

It was impossible to understand why he did all of this, neither for you or for Yoongi.

But the fact that Namjoon acted like that all this time because he was on the side of his enemy, caused Yoongi's inside to shatter like a broken mirror. He felt disappointed, frustrated and angry at the same time but the weakness was overwhelming him, while his disappointment grew rapidly and caused his hope and his strong will to disappear more and more with every second.

His mind got flushed with reproaches, regrets, and agony because of this feeling of being defrauded.

Jimin: "Well he was kind enough, to help an old friend like me. Because he wanted to save your life. I promised him at least not to kill you if he would be able to separate Y/N and you. But what he doesn't know yet is that his mission has failed.."

Namjoon: "What?!" he shouted at Jimin in disbelief, still holding the gun upright.

Namjoon: "Hold on! It wasn't settled like this! You promised me not to hurt anyone."

Jimin: "You're right, Namjoon. But otherwise you wouldn't be useful anymore, don't you get it? Otherwise, this bullet would have to stick in your head now, do you remember?"

Jimin was holding this conversation, without fully facing him. He rather kept Yoongi in his perspective to be sure not being attacked out of a sudden.

Namjoon: "Do you know what I did for you idiot?! I did things I never wanted to do. Just to be standing here right now and being forced to watch the things happen which I wanted to prevent?!"

Jimin: "You had one job, Namjoon. One simple job. And you couldn't make it. You're really disappointing me. And you know that I hate the feeling of it."

Namjoon's face turned into frustration but he still kept his useless gun in the same position.

He realized that he was probably the only one without any munition.

Jimin had fooled him completely.

Namjoon had to admit one thing. Jimin knew exactly how he had to play with emotions. He knew how to trick somebody's mind by playing with fear. He even made it to trick his mind. And since Jimin's mindset was like he couldn't lose anything anyways, he didn't know any limits.

But the whole thing had one hitch. Jimin was just as vulnerable as everyone in this room when it came to emotions. Especially when it was about you.