Chapter 17 - Tell Me Why

-Monday morning. What a blessing.-

And as if this wasn't even a pain in the ass in general, you felt worse than all the Mondays before. With half open eyes, you tried to keep yourself straight at your school desk while your teacher was handing out some sheets of paper. Actually, you were laying in your cozy bed just 5 minutes before. The remind of it let your mood drop to the ground completely and made you rub your hands over your face in despair.

Normally it was always Sohyun's alarm which forced you to leave your beloved bed but this morning this super noisy stupid little thing exceptionally wasn't set because Sohyun wasn't sleeping at the dorm and took this day off.

Since you totally overslept because of that, you missed your extensive shower-session, your breakfast, and even your required coffee. You didn't even comb your hair. You just tied it up together into a messy bun.

But even if you didn't glance at the mirror yet, you guessed that you looked like something the cat dragged in. Admittedly you didn't bother to care about that.

Taehyung: "Wow who are you? And what did happen to Y/N?"

Taehyung didn't even look at you once as he sat beside you before since he seemed to be in a hurry as well and was the last student joining your class before the teacher closed the door and started the lesson. So he doesn't recognize your current state until his eyes met you in surprise.

Your appearance really caused him to become anxious.

You: "No shit! Do I really look this bad?"

Your ironic attitude made him show a lopsided sneer.

Taehyung: "Actually no... much worse. Not your day, huh?"

You: "Ah no I'm fine. Just as normal after a hostage-taking and a pursuit which was exactly 8 hours before. It's business as usual."

With this sarcasm, you eyed up at the clock above the door of the classroom before your head slipped from your strengthless arm and fell onto the surface of your desk. And there you stayed, hiding your face behind your arms under the watching eyes of Taehyung.

Taehyung: "Why don't you just stay at the dorm today?" he suggested worriedly about you as you didn't move a muscle anymore.

You: "You haven't seen my grades yet, have you?" you asked him back, nearly ununderstandable mumbling while you still stayed in the same position.

By the way, Taehyung's eyes spotted the teacher which was sending him curious looks as he saw you two chatting the whole time. And the obvious move of frustration you made, caught his attention even more.

Taehyung: "But you're not even able to perceive in this state anyway. Jungkook will help you out. You can catch up on this stuff later." he whispered towards you.

Slowly you raised your head again while stroking some of your strands out of your face which had unloosened itself from your bun and turned around to look at the places behind you, where the Maknae usually was sitting.

In the meantime, Taehyung was sending innocent smiles back at the teacher and prayed that he didn't have to discuss with you any longer about what would be the best for you now.

After all, he noticed the mute warning from your teacher unlike the unaware you.

You: "Yeah if he at least would be present now."

As you couldn't spot him anywhere in the classroom, you guessed he neither would come in the next time and turned back to Taehyung again.

You: "Where is he?"