Chapter 11 - Underneath the stars

The grip around your hand went stronger as Yoongi led you across the country. You were walking through a field of granulated stones next to a few old train rails.

Complete darkness surrounded you. Only the light of the stars led you the way while a cold breeze brushed through your hair.

You: "I would have never imagined that you like hiking that much."

You said curious and looked at Yoongi.

Yoongi: "And I never guessed it's that far away from the bridge. I come here often but it's actually really close to school."

You chuckled while you decided to balance on the rails. Yoongi slowed down and gave you an odd look.

Yoongi: "If you balance along the whole rail, we won't be there until tomorrow."

You: "You can't get me off of here."

You said and gave him a gaze while you were still balancing next to him.

Yoongi: "Are you sure?"

Your gaze snapped back at him again and you gave him a warning look.

You: "Don't you dare..-"

But you got cut off as Yoongi suddenly picked you up bridal style.

You looked at him shocked while your arms wrapped around his neck automatically.

You: "YAAAH YOONGI!"

As he ignored your screaming and just began to walk further, you began to fidget around with the aim to get lowered down on the ground again. But Yoongi didn't look like he would lower you in the next time.

Yoongi: "Stop acting like a caught fish, you are already heavy enough."

You: "Then let me use my own feet."

You complained and met his glance.

Yoongi: "I just want to arrive before the morning comes."

You: "And you think we are faster like this?"

Yoongi looked at you hesitantly and seemed to think about his answer.

Yoongi: "Yes."

You: "Sure grandpa."

Yoongi flashed you a glare and suddenly acted like he would drop you on the ground. You squeaked like a guinea pig, frightened by his move and clenched yourself at him. Your arms were wrapped tighter around his neck and your face was buried on his chest.

Yoongi: "Do you still have any complains?"

You: "No, I'm fine. Just move on."

You mumbled against his chest and didn't dare to move again.

Yoongi: "Look at me."

You slowly raised your head and did what he wanted.

You: "Why?"

Yoongi: "Because I don't want you to hide your beautiful face."

You swallowed at those words and you two continued to look into each other's eyes.

-Did he just..-

Somehow you began to feel odd. Your heart was beating like crazy. As if you would be Yoongi and would carry a hopeless girl along.

You: "What if I don't listen to you?"

You smirked at him and raised your one hand up to his face. While you were talking you stroke his hair away from his forehead to comfort him.