0.0

"Ten years ago, our city was plagued by violence and crime. People were afraid to leave their homes. To walk the streets. To look each other in the eye," a few heads nodded in agreement. Everyone in the room had grown up with that fear. It was no stranger to them. "But then came the heroes. Firefly. Sandman. Whirlwind. They brought justice back to our city. They scared away those petty criminals."

A few people cheered.

"But with the dawn of heroes, came the villains. Criminals started getting smarter, stronger, and even more sinister. And the heroes? The heroes just couldn't do it by themselves anymore. That, my friends, is where we came in."

"Hell yeah!" Someone shouted while a few others clapped and cheered.

"We are the sidekicks," Hush continued with her speech. "We are the ones standing behind our city's beloved heroes, hidden in their shadows, but always watching their backs. We may not get glory. We may not get fame. But we sure as hell get the honor of protecting our city."

That got some cheers from the group. Hush nodded as she went on.

"But when we are the ones looking out for the heroes, who is there to look out for us?" She asked. Her audience frowned and murmured amongst themselves, wanting to know the answer as well.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would now like to call attention to my purpose for this meeting. Our powers aren't as super as we'd like to believe. Without our heroes, we are weak. There's no one out there to have our backs while our heroes are saving the city. No one but us."

Hush paused for dramatic effect, her eyes meeting each person in her audience before she spoke again.

"We are the sidekicks, and we need to have each other's backs. Alone, we are weak, but united, we are strong. So, without further ado, I hereby name this the first official meeting of the Sidekick Club."