Chapter 5 - Wandering

The next day, Dipper was drawing shapes into the blanket, suddenly feeling homesick. Well, there wasn't really a home to go to. No one could escape Gravity Falls at this rate, anyway. He probably wasn't allowed out of the Fearamid anyway.

He was itching to go on a walk of some sort outside of the room, but he felt a little uneasy about those henchmaniacs that kept murmuring about him. I have working ears, too, you know.

Whatever.

The twelve-year-old shut his door behind him and walked calmly through the dark, red hallway.

He heard random bangs in Bill's suite, but he was too unnerved to interrupt his weird, evil triangle biz.

He quickly walked past it and reached the black stairs, with the rainbow filling through the cracks. He wanted to know what Bill even did behind that door, but at the same time, he didn't want to know. Why was he here behind that door anyway? Was he hiding something that no one should or could see?

Dipper shrugged. He could find that out later. Right now, he just wanted to roam around and explore more. He didn't really get to do that while he was being chased a few days ago.

He frowned as he kept seeing triangles, triangles, and wouldn't you know it, triangles. There were triangles all over this place, the only region where there weren't any of the triangles was his room.

His room. Why did Bill give him an actual room, anyway? Without triangles, at that. He was sure that there would be cells in a dungeon someplace in here.

He was completely alone in this long hallway now, now that the last of the henchmaniacs went out to wreak havoc.

There were paintings on these walls. The hall was bright with no source, which is normal for this place. He pressed his hand to the painting near him—they all seemed to tell a story.

The one he put his hand on gently was beautiful, unusual for this type of place. The sky in it was colored bright blue and purple, the land below it seemed to be a meadow. No troubles...no colors screaming at you.

The next painting consisted of black and white color, with a city.

The next was also black and white, it was of a building.

The next painting was all yellow and orange and blue. There was a black triangle in the middle of it...

"That's where I became a demon," said something behind him. A grating voice that sounded awfully like—

"Bill!" Dipper jumped back against the wall as he turned around. The triangle was hovering a few feet in front of him. He didn't seem different the last time he saw him.

"Relax, kid." Bill put his skinny, black arms up in mock surrender before folding them behind his back.

Oh, no, Dipper couldn't relax. This is the demon who sent destruction on the whole world, thus capturing the entire town!

Bill scoffed. "You're shaking. How 'bout you say something and I could leave you alone?"

Dipper looked Bill over first. Bill looked more menacing up close. His huge eye wasn't helping. The boy finally gave a few deep breaths. He mustered up the courage to say, "Get away from me."

Bill Cipher burst out laughing. "I save you and your family, and that's the thank you I get? I expected more from you, Pine Tree." The triangle teleported away nonetheless.

And yet, Dipper couldn't help but wonder, why was Bill being so...impractical?