Chapter 10 - Boredom

Dipper was tired and bored. Not as in sleepy, but he was tired of being cooped up in his room all the time. He had to do something.

He was out exploring the Fearamid that he already knew for a month now. There wasn't anything for him to do. The other henchmaniacs were probably off doing some random, evil things. Even though that Dipper was a demon now, he wasn't like that. He didn't want to be like that. He refused.

He also refused to go in the library still. Or the room with his imaginary forest. Every time he walked by those rooms, memories kept filling his head and that voice seemed to call him back, beckoning him in with that calm voice. He always felt like he was in a trance until he caught himself before he was lured into one of those rooms.

He'd come to the realization that the places that made him feel like he was home, except his room, had that voice in it. Dipper shouldn't get too comfortable anywhere.

He was in his room, counting the wooden floor boards to try and cure his boredom only to lose his place. He groaned loudly and flopped onto the bed. He couldn't just stay here in bed, cooped up all day and wait until Bill shows up with stupid, 2-minute magic sessions! Those barely even worked with him.

The only things he'd learned to do with his magic so far was to conjure up a flame and to make it go away. Dipper'd almost mastered it.

He turned to his stomach on the bed and conjured up a small flame and weaved it through his fingers. It was so mesmerizing to watch, and he also taught himself to do it!

Then he heard Bill's voice in the hallway, and a thought came to his mind.

No, Dipper thought. He pushed the thought away of himself tagging along with Bill to watch... one of his crazy episodes.

How about chores? He could do chores. Beats sitting in the bed all day, having nothing of interest to do. Beats worrying about his family. He knew that Bill wouldn't tell him what really happened to them. Dipper wasn't a stupid kid.

Dipper paused as his hand went over the doorknob. Kid. He wasn't a kid anymore, wasn't he? He'd count down the time that he was here, but how could he have forgotten his own birthday?

Dipper shook that thought off too and opened the door and closed it before he could think twice about doing what he was about to do.

He walked in a fast pace to the throne room. A few other demons nodded at him, but he didn't nod back. He didn't look a few of them in the eye. He just kept his chin up, his posture straight, and asked Bill, "Is there anything I could do? Some chores or something? It's very boring in my room." He stared Bill down and tried not to break eye contact.

Bill wouldn't give him anything to do. Maybe boredom was his form of torture, or something. He didn't give him anything to do in his room on purpose. There was nothing in the castle to him, and the library and the forest rooms made him go... crazy.

Before he could think another thought, Bill said, "Of course, kid," Dipper looked wide-eyed at the glowing, yellow triangle.

"R-really? What can I do?" Dipper asked. He'd never expected that Bill would say yes!

Bill hummed thoughtfully. "Would you like to go on a mission? I think I could trust you enough. It's not like you would tell anyone about yourself anyway."

Wait, what?

Bill must've heard his thoughts because he said, "My mission is for you to go to your family's shack," Dipper's eyes grew more with disbelief, "And I need you to hunt down the equation from Ford."

Dipper's entire face fell. Bill added, a dangerous and serious glint in his one eye, "And you won't mention that you're a demon and that you have magic. And don't get out of your way to use your magic. Use it carefully. You'll go in...three days."

Not that I'd be needing the magic anyway.

"Good! Now, off you go! Put on some new clothes, too."

Then he was teleported back into his room before Dipper could even blink, and a large wave of nausea rolled over him, and he bent over to throw up.

Dipper huffed. "Guess I have to clean this up now." He grimaced at his own sick and went into the bathroom to get some cleaning supplies.

That's when Dipper got the idea.

He will go to his family, but he won't get the equation from Ford. He'll never let Bill win. Never in a million years. This was his chance to see his family again.

His own mission was to keep the world safe from the god of Chaos. He will live up to that mission until he dies. And that won't be soon, Dipper vowed.