Chapter 11 - Information

Dipper was so excited to see his family again that he couldn't sleep. He went out. Dipper could never admit it out loud, but he actually liked the Fearamid. The demons left him alone. Bill was not what he expected.

Maybe it was good that Dipper turned into a demon. If he were still a human, his heart might have been too broken to even do anything. He was stronger and smarter, Dipper realized.

He didn't want to trick his family, though. He wanted to tell them that he was a demon and to tell them Bill's motives and his plan. But Bill would be watching. He was always watching. He always somehow knew everything.

He found himself wandering one of the great halls. He was almost alone—there was the magenta demon cleaning the floors and the walls.

Pyronica looked up at him before he could say hi. "Hey, Dipper! It's been a while!" She tossed the sponge in the bucket with a plop! and huffed a breath.

"Uh, yeah." Dipper cautiously stepped closer. Wait, wasn't Pyronica one of Cipher's best henchmaniacs? Perhaps he could get more information...

She stood and her flames flickered a bit. "So, what do you need? You look like you need to ask a question. Shoot!"

"Tell me all you know about Bill Cipher." He kept his chin up and his shoulders thrown back, not allowing her know how afraid he was.

Pyronica's face turned serious. Her one eye flicked over the hallway cautiously. Then she leaned over to him and said quietly, "What do you want to know?"

"Everything," he breathed.

The demon gestured down to the ground to sit. Dipper obliged and sat against the wall, getting comfortable and getting prepared to be hit with information.

Pyronica loosened a breath and wiped her hands on her legs. "Well, Master Bill wasn't always evil."

Dipper didn't know what to say. Wait... if he wasn't evil, then what made him evil? What happened?

Dipper wasn't ready for the next bit. "Bill used to be a human." He choked and Pyronica continued to clean the walls. "He also had a brother, but I don't know what happened about him. And then Bill turned into a demon." She shrugged. "I don't know how, but he just did sometime. He had a new form and his mind and soul was corrupted. His human form was gone forever. To turn him back to what he was before, he must fall in love, but he's... changed. I don't think he is capable of that."

Dipper wasn't prepared for that at all.

Pyronica hummed, "I do remember someone telling me about an axolotl?" She waved a lazy hand. "Bah, I don't know. My mind's playing tricks on me. I've been alive a long time, ya know."

Dipper blinked. "Uh, yeah, sure. Thanks, Pyronica." He forced his legs to get up and moved forward to walk around some more and think. He heard the demon spew some words of nonsense behind him but he didn't listen.

So Bill used to be a human. He supposedly turned into a demon. To make him back into a human, he needed to fall in love. What idiot could fall in love with someone like him?