Chapter 28 - Traitors

Dipper was in a forest.

A lush, green forest. He hasn't seen one of these in years. A tear almost slid from his eye as he prodded one of the soft petals of a brightly colored flower on a bush next to him.

And then he woke up.

He woke up in bed in the Fearmid during Weirdmageddon. The lights were off. He looked out the window to see the usual unnatural orange and red sky, but there was nothing out. It was nighttime. All of this is global and Dipper knew that there is not one single lush, green forest left.

He only had them in his dreams.

His shoulders slumped as he loosed a sigh.

Bill's head perked up from beside him as he stirred awake. "Pine Tree?"

"Yeah?" Dipper whispered, not daring to meet Bill's eyes.

"Why're you awake?" Bill rubbed Dipper's back in small circles and Dipper blushed as he remembered the events that happened right before they fell asleep.

"When does it end," Dipper mumbled.

"What?"

Dipper finally met Bill's gaze. "What do you want out of Weirdmageddon? You haven't specified that yet. When does it end?"

Dipper could have sworn hurt shown in Bill's beautiful eyes. The demon said, "I don't...know what I want yet." A shadow clouded over his eyes. "I can promise you that this will all be over when I find out and get it."

Dipper bit his lip and squirmed out of Bill's touch and finally fell asleep on the other side of the bed. He could feel Bill's eyes on his bare back as he drifted off again.

___

He was shook awake the next morning. "Bill?" He rubbed his eyes sleepily and turned around to face Bill, who was smiling softly at him.

"I think I already have what I wanted." Had Bill been thinking of his answer ever since Dipper confronted him about it last night?

"What is it?"

"You."

Dipper's mouth opened wide in shocking surprise. "Are...are you for real?"

Bill leaned forward and kissed him. "Of course. What would I be right now without you?"

He was right. If Dipper hadn't helped him out with dealing with human emotions, Bill would have probably gone crazy again.

"You helped me too," Dipper said. "You became my friend even when you were corrupted. It's like the real Bill was trying to break free."

"You're right." And then they kissed each other again.

And then Pyronica burst through their bedroom door and yelled, "STOP YOUR SMOOCHIN' AND COME TO THE THRONE ROOM, LOVE BIRDS!" And then she was gone.

Dipper stuck out his tongue after her and reluctantly sat up and stretched. "Guess we better get going," he groaned.

Bill shrugged, "I am still the king of this place and only I make the rules, so how about round two?"