Chapter 9

I groaned and banged my head on the steering wheelwith a huge blush spread across my face. It was just a friendly thing, right? Does he like me? Don't be stupid (Y/N).

I started driving, a million and ten thoughts rushing through my head, causing a headache. I pulled over and began to rummage for some Panadol.

"Damnit, did Dad use it all again?" I muttered.

I sighed and walked out to get some fresh air. I began to clear my head, in effort to ease the throbbing pain that was beginning to speed throughout my temples.

I should've brought a jacket I thought, as the chilly air rose goosebumps onto my (S/C) arms.

The lack of sleep was really getting to me, as my eyelids began to close. I pinched myself just as I was about to fall asleep.

As my headache began to soothe, I decided to just sit in the car for a while. I could end up with serious injuries if I continue to drive like this.

My eyelids began to close yet again. I took out my phone and looked at the time. 6:35 am. Damn, I was kinda hoping to get a ride from Dean, or Kairi, or Dad.

I paused, while I'm sitting here, I could be productive, right? I began to recall the events of yesterday afternoon, especially how... scary Dad's laugh was. It seemed like it belonged to a psychopath, not my loving father.

I groaned and smacked my head on the steering wheel. I'd better start driving, if I want to get to school. Maybe I'll ask Dad for the day off.

I turned the keys in the ignition and began to continue driving home, luckily not causing an accident.

After what seemed like forever, I arrived at home. I unlocked the house and walked inside, sleepily walking up to my room and onto my bed. I soon fell asleep.

~~~Mini Time Skip~~~

I woke up, sweaty from the nightmare I'd had during my dream. I couldn't remember it, just a man with glowing white eyes and a knife.

I ran a finger through my now knotted hair and looked at my phone.

Holy shit, it's almost 3 o'clock!

I race downstairs to find Dad sitting on the couch, watching some show.

"Why didn't you wake me!?"

He shrugged "You really needed the sleep, kiddo. Speaking of which, I need ti talk to you."

He turned the T.V off. He never turns it off, unless it's serious...

I took a seat on the opposite side of the couch "Yea?"

He took a deep breath "You need to find a new job. Your grades are slipping and the lack of sleep is getting to you, badly."

A lump formed in my throat. As much as I hated to admit it, Dad was right. But I couldn't leave my friends there! I couldn't abandon them, not again...

"Y-yea..." I could feel tears threatening to spill. Dad must've noticed, because he pulled me into a tight hug.

"It's just a job, you'll find a new one."

It's not that...I thought.

"If you love the job that much, I'm sure I can talk to Mr Fazbear of changing your hours to after school only, and weekends?"