Chapter 10

I bit on my lip, smiling and blushing at the possibility of being asked to be Goldie's girlfriend/boyfriend.

I sat down, after walking for a while, and died a little inside. I resisted the urge to scream. I had to tell Kairi asap.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and rang her, knowing that it'd be lunch time by now. The familiar sound of the dial tone filled my ears.

"Where the fuck are you!? I've been stuck with Dean all day!" She yelled.

What a greeting.

I laughed "Let me explain, I slept in and dad kept me home."

"Well, go get dressed and come to school!" She yelled.

"I'm actually not at home, Dad kicked me out because he couldn't find some medicine."

"Well, can we meet up after school?"

"Sure. Promise not to judge if I say somewhere childish?"

"Mhmm."

"That Freddy's pizza place?" I held my breath, until there was a laugh from the other end of the line.

"I used to love that place, sure."

"Cool, see you around four?"

"Yep."

The conversation ended, and I went back to my fangirl/fanboy state. I squealed lightly, not caring if I disturbed anyone.

However, my joy was short lived. I'd have to go home to get more money and my uniform for tonight.

A stern look set itself across my face as I began the walk home.

As I continued walking, I began to ponder as to why the Panadol was such a big deal, chances are that there's some in the first aid kit.

I didn't even realize that I was home, until I was at the front door.

"I'm home..." I called out. No one replied.

I walked into the lounge. No one was there.

I walked into the bathroom. No one was there.

I continued to check the rooms in the house, temporarily stopping at a photo of mum, dad and I. Mum and I were exactly alike, from our (H/C) hair to our (E/C) eyes. I looked almost nothing like dad, it kinda upset me.

I shook my head and continued my search, stopping at the door that lead to dad's room.

"Hello?" I looked around the dimly lit bedroom, only seeing basic shapes.

I flicked the lights on, to see a hunched over figure sitting in the corner.

"Dad?" Something wasn't right, dad and I told each other almost everything.

He turned around to look at me, sitting up straight. He looked as though he'd been crying, and he hadn't slept in weeks.

Without saying anything, I sat beside dad and hugged him.

He began to tense up, but relaxed after a short while. He leaned his head on my shoulder and cried.

I'd never seen dad cry before. He was tough, brave, strong. Something must be seriously wrong.

"I'm sorry, about everything that's happened today." He laughed lightly and wiped his eyes.

"Something's wrong. Tell me."

"Not till you're older."

I frowned. "I'm old enough."

"No, not quite. Besides, you'll never be able to look at me the same. I wanna play the good Dad part for a while longer."

"Now I'm even more worried..."

"Sorry (N/N), but I'm being selfish. I know that this is a selfish thing to keep to myself."

I sighed and gave up. I pulled my legs into a cross legged position.

"Wanna go get ice cream or something?" Dad asked.

"Yea, I need a bit of normal right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

why do i procrastinate so much this chapter was supposed to be longer and i have no clue on how to make this longer

Ah fuck deja vu

I'm sorry for the wait, I'm a bad author

The next chapter will be up sooner? Maybe?