thirty-one

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Blood Is Blood

━━━━━━━━

IT WAS LIKE ARCHIE'S FUNERAL all over again. Except one-hundred times worse. And they weren't even at a funeral. It was just the fact that she had witnessed her brother give up his own life, thinking he was saving magic, and her father in the middle of it all. There was no forgiving for this. There just wasn't.

Melody tried so hard not to just hug her brother to her chest and sob. Emma and Regina persistently tried to shake Henry awake, but he remained motionless. Pan watched as his daughter fell apart, and he wasn't happy about it.

"Oh god, is he unconscious?" Emma asked as she shook him.

"Henry, can you hear us?" Regina called to Henry.

"He passed out as soon as his heart went into Pan," Neal told them.

"Is he breathing?"

"I don't know."

From the air, Pan descended down, still looking at his daughter, before he looked back at the others.

"What the hell did you do to him?" Emma asked furiously to him.

"Oh, I didn't do anything, Emma. It was Henry. He offered me his heart of his own free will," Pan said with a smug grin on his face.

Melody held her brother to her chest and she glared fiercely at Pan.

Emma unsheathed her sword, just as angry as the brunette beside her.

"I'm gonna take it back from you," Emma growled as she lunged forward.

"Emma no!" Melody yelled as she feared that her father would be hurt.

Then she stopped. Why should she care? After everything he's done, Henry is dead because of him. You still don't know the truth, she told herself.

Pan disappeared out of thin air and appeared next to Pandora's Box from where he set it on a rock.

"I don't think you have it in you," Pan spoke up. Emma turned around in surprise. "Rumplestiltskin didn't. Why should you?"

Melody turned and saw Pandora's box. She got up and went to lunge at him when Emma held her back.

"Where is my brother? What did you do?" Melody yelled, more tears falling from her eyes.

"He's away from you," Pan told her. "You're safe from him. He can't hurt you-"

"I don't believe you! My brother would never hurt me."

"Believe whatever you want, Melody. I'm trying to protect you. And none of you can hurt me now."

His eyes held a sadness that Emma had never seen before. But her anger and protectiveness overshadowed her curiosity.