15) Claire's POV

This is super-duper unedited, so I'm sorry!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire's POV

"I still cannot believe you kissed him and you are only telling us this now?" Sydney's eyes were wide.

It had been a month since the party and Max and I exchanged glances and he would wink at me and then I would find my nail or clothing item extremely interesting and my cheeks would tint pink.

We didn't have any classes together, so there wasn't much time we could interact, other than the first few minutes before school started and minutes after school.

Amanda and her clique still stood with us, as she shot daggers at the three of us, but mostly Sydney. I only knew that because I would glance around the circle of conversation and find her trying to murder Sydney with her eyes. A lot of the time I would stay silent and then glance over at Max, he would wink, and then I would look down.

"I don't know what to do." I cried and burried my face in my hands. Sydney moved from her side of the bed and enveloped me in a hug.

"It will turn out, I promise. That's how I felt with Carter, and we are fine."

"I kind of feel the same with Josh, I don't know how he feels about the two of us, I mean if I had my way I would be dating him right now, but I can't do that unless I want to ruin the relationship." Rory sighed.

I glanced over at the alarm clock sitting on Rory's bedside table.

12:18 am.

"Wow, okay, I am eighteen minutes over my curfew, so I will see you guys on Monday. Well, tomorrow technically I guess." I laughed and pushed myself off the bed. Rory and Sydney followed me to the door, Sydney came outside with me and after Rory said goodbye, she shut the door.

Sydney and I parted ways when we started different cars. I drove home in silence, contemplating what I should do with Max.

Sydney's POV

As I drove home, my phone played a little jingle that signaled I had recieved a text message.

You'll get what you deserve, be thankful I'm not too mean. :)

I looked for a caller ID, but it showed it was unknown. I assumed someone had sent it to the wrong phone, there was no one I had done anything to where I deserved something from them.

And I was assuming they were alluding to something unpleasant.

* * * * *

I walked down the hall at the end of the day to dress out for practice. The heavy door swung open and girls exited, I dashed for the door and pulled it open with my fingers. As I turned the corner I almost ran into someone I would have regetted doing so.

Amanda.

She was surrounded by Hannah, Cassidy, and Melody. Excluding Melody, all were giving me dirty looks. I appreciated Melody as she was the only one that was kind to me. During conversations at the beginning of the day she and I would engage in conversation, Melody was genuine. When we would converse in the circle, Amanda would give Melody a look of warning. She would stop talking to me but give me apologetic smiles.

I couldn't blame her, Amanda was controlling and frightening.

"What are you doing here?" Hannah drawled. She had a nasally voice that drove me insane.