McNamara

Veronica and I had finally arrived at camp and were walking around trying to find our new dorm. She invited me to come to a new camp with her, and I gladly came. She and I had been dating for about a year, and we were calling this our "anniversary trip". I thought it was adorable, so we just went with it.

"Macky, I have no idea where we are going, why don't we just ask someone?"

"Sure, how about that person with the same skirt as me, gotta complement that anyway," I say, gesturing over to a smaller person wearing a yellow mini skirt, just like mine.

"Excuse me miss? We were wondering if you could show us to where Cabin 89 is?" Veronica asked.

"Of course! This way! Name's Peggy," she stuck out her hand and greeted us.

"I'm Veronica, and this is my girlfriend Heather, but she goes by any variety of nicknames for her last name, McNamara."

"Hey, and by the way I absolutely love your skirt!" I pipe up as she leads the way to our cabin.

"Aw, thanks. So cabin eighty-nine is this way," she says while walking. We then started a nice conversation with her and learned many things about each other.

Peggy has two older sisters that dorm with her, Angie and Eliza, and then another girl named Maria is with them. Their cabin is across from ours, which will be nice because they all sound like awesome people to be friends with.

"Alright here you two are!" Peggy says and gestures to a cabin with a grandly decorated porch. "I'm in the one across that has 'girl power' in glitter letters on the front, don't judge it was my sister, and if you need anything let me know. Bye!"

We waved her off then went into our cabin. "Duke! The new roomies are here!" a short and stout girl says when we walk in. "Hey, I'm Martha, and this," she says as another girl dressed in green walks in, "is Heather Duke."

"Your name is Heather? Me too!" I squeal.

"Oh my god, we're practically twins," she replied sarcastically to me.

"Duke! Sorry, she's kinda mad she doesn't have her own bathroom now. Here let me show you to the room you're sharing."

We walked past a living room filled with photos, and one seemed to catch Veronica's eyes.

"Hey, uh, is this me? Do we know each other?" she asks Martha.

"Huh, that does look like a mini you. Well what's you name? Where did you grow up?"

"I'm Veronica Sawyer."

Martha looked almost scared and nervous, so I really didn't think she wanted to talk about it. "V, you're so silly. You can't have a picture with a girl you just met."

Martha nodded somewhat quickly and Veronica laughed a little. "I guess you're right.."

We went to a room started to put our things away.