sudden attack

After training Jean asked you to come with him to visit the top of the walls. Although cadets weren't allowed to go up there he had gotten special permission to clean up there. When you see the outside it made you shiver with excitement, the sun was slowly setting and the wind was calm. You couldn't take your eyes off the scenery. Jean couldn't take his eyes off of you.
"(y/n), you're really pretty." Jean said smiling slightly at you. You looked up at the tall guy and tilted you head and smiled.
"Your pretty too Jean "you replied back teasing him obviously. You both started to laugh and he became serious again. You noticed this is the first time a guy said you were pretty. It was a nice feeling, your heart fluttering and all.
" I mean it (y/n)... you are one oddball but you are very beautiful." he smirked messing up your hair.
" so, (y/n) do mind if I asked if you wanted to be more than friends? "Jean asked with a hint of blush.
" sure, I'd like to be more than friends, I now pronounce you 'best friend' "you smiled waiting for his stunned expression.
" nooooo...I want us to be a couple! "He said flustered and embarrassed.
" I'm joking you ha-ha "
" so do you? "He asked once more.
You stayed silent for awhile and just looked at the sun setting. Thinking deeply, of your past.
" can I tell you something Jean... something that I never told anyone before?" You said turning to look at him.
"Of course (y/n), you can tell me anything. "He said leading you to sit down comfortably on the cold cobblestone floor.
You began to look at the sunset once more remembering the past that still haunts you to this day.
"When I was young, I liked to get into fights a lot. I was really rebellious towards my parents. I knew they just wanted my safety but, I don't know why I never listened to them... I and best friend (bffsname) liked to help small children around the town. Homeless or not. We just liked to be heroes to them I guess... There was a lot of thugs around and arrogant soldiers too. Well, one day I got into a lot of trouble with some guy. He brought all of his friends and ganged up on me, and beat me up so bad I thought I was going to die. I have never felt so broken... "You looked up at Jean, you could tell he sympathized with you. You began to cry little, Jean noticed and held you close to him.
"You're okay now (y/n)... you're stronger now... I can't tell. Hell I think you're even stronger than me. "You smiled up at Jean and he kissed you suddenly.
Suddenly Jean was pushed away from you, an unfamiliar figure dragging him to the edge. Getting up fast you got up to get Jean. "Jean! "You screamed the hooded figure had his hand in his grip, Jeans body dangling from the wall. You ran up to the hooded person and was about to hit the person. Until... He let him go.
" (Y/N)!!!!!! "... Jean didn't have his gear on, but you did. There were titans on the bottom. You had no choice but to save him. You jumped down making sure you were at a faster speed to catch his body.
You caught his jacket and used your maneuvering gear too pull each other up. It all seemed so fast but slow at the same time.

He deserved to die (y/n)...