Jean wakes up

Today was another usual day, you went to the hospital and the nurses told you that Jean started to wake up. You wanted to see him but they told you to leave and that it wasn't such a good idea. You wanted ask what was so wrong, but they wouldn't tell you.
You decided to walk back to the girl's dorm and change into your regular clothes. Today you were going into the city to get some supplies undercover. You weren't alone of course. Armin was asked to go with you.
"Hey, (y/n).... "Armin said.
" what is it? " you replied.
" ... " he stays silent for a moment.
" Uh... Armin? What's wrong? "you asked.
" ....Do you hate Eren? "
" wha-"
you got distracted while trying to talk to him that you accidentally bumped into someone.
" Hey watch were you are going! "The stranger said walking away into the crowd. You started to walk normal again, until you noticed that the money pouch you had was gone.
"Aw. Dammit! "You said and started to run towards the man.
" Hey (y/n) where are you going?! "Armin called out to you and started to follow you.

The man started to go into a dark alley, you were pretty fast so you were right behind him.

As soon as you caught up too him you pushed him to the ground and grabbed the money pouch. You started to walk but the man ended up tripping you to the ground as well. This man looked quite strong, and obviously bigger than you were. The man stepped on your hand and took the pouch again.
" Armin! Help! "
You shouted but he wasn't anywhere near you.
" Get off my hand! "
You used one of the skills Annie taught you and knocked the man down again. This time, you punched him and took the money back.
You noticed that the man was knocked out from that one punch.
"Hmph. "
"I guess I did get pretty strong."
After that whole mess you started to walk back to the middle of the city, only to see an anxious Armin.
" (Y/n)! I couldn't find you? Where did you go? "
Armin said.
" Some guy stole the money, so I got it back. "
You replied walking towards him.
" oh, w-well let's get this over with. "
Armin said walking again. Today was the first time you talked to Armin so much. He's usually around Eren so you never actually got a chance to befriend him.
Then you remembered the question that he asked you. Why would he ask that? It wasn't any of his business anyway.

----- Time skip ------

After the mission you went to the hospital. This time, the nurses let you see him. You hoped that his memory was still intact. If it wasn't...

Reader p.o.v

As I walked into the room where Jean was in, I started to get scared. What if he forgot about me... what if he isn't able to fulfill his dreams anymore?
"J-Jean?" I said quietly.
Jean was sitting in a chair looking out the window towards the sunset. He looked as if he was in deep thought. Maybe he didn't hear me?
"Jean?" I said a little louder.
He looked back surprised, suddenly his face changed into happiness.
"(Y/n)! You're alive! "He said with his arms up walking towards you.
"You remember me! "
I immediately ran into his arms... I waited for this moment, knowing he was going to wake up!
"(y/n), I have to tell you something... "Jean said now holding my hands.
"What is it? "I said feeling worried.
"I know who it was, the one who... almost killed us."
I started to get serious and listen carefully.
" I can't believe it... it would be her, "Jean said
" wait... it was a girl? Who was it? "I started to get anxious.
" It was Annie. "
I looked at Jean and I couldn't believe his words. Annie? No. It would never be, it couldn't have been. She has been helping me this whole time! She was the one who found us!
"Jean I think you got it all wrong, she was the one who found us... maybe you are confused?"

"Armin told me this. He was here earlier this morning, He said that she deliberately made us go through hell, she tried to kill us! "Jean said starting to get worked up.
Why would Armin tell him that? How would he know?
"Jean that may be true, but... I think she is innocent. I mean how would we know "
Jean looked at me and smiled sadly.
"Well, at least you're alive... I get out of here in two days so we can both find out together." Jean said hugging you.