Hangovers & Whores

I awoke to the sound of dishes breaking.
"FUCK" Steven yelled not so subtly as numerous groans told him to shut up. I cleared my eyes and instantly the oh so familiar pounding racked my brain and I shoved my face back into my pillow. When I awoke again I saw the clock read only 10:35am. Way too fucking early. Realizing that Steven's constant noise and blaring of music through his speakers wouldn't allow me to sleep this off, I got up and went downstairs prepared to beat the shit out of him.

Every step I took reminded me of how freaking hungover I was which only pissed me off even more. As soon as I caught sight of Steven I went full crazy on him, punching him in the stomach and repeatedly elbowing him. Unfortunately, he easily stopped me and somehow pinned me against the counter as I cussed under my breath. A deep raspy voice breaks our sibling bickering.

"Hey, let the pretty girl go" a shirtless Jesse said casually walking into the kitchen. I think my heart skipped a beat when he said that. Finally, Steven let me go and I swiftly swat his arm and darted out of his grip successfully.

"Thanks" I said to Jesse and he gave me the cutest half smile ever. I quickly sneaked a peak at his abs and v-line and mentally drooled. Him and Steven then began to fool around in the kitchen trying to make some sort of breakfast. Pretty soon, the pounding headache came back.

"Sleep well sis?" Steven questioned me, not oblivious to the amount of pain I was in.

"Yeah it was great til you fucking woke me up. You're so god damn noisy" I told him.

"Yeah I could say the same about you last night. Wouldn't you say so, Jesse?" He spat back at me.

My eyes quickly darted over to Jesse and he practically spit out his coffee. Fuck what did I do.

"Yeah you had a lot to say last night" Steven continued and I glared daggers at him.

"You know about Tristan..." Steven snickered. I mentally slapped myself. My fucking ex...

"That's none of your business" I shot back at him.

"You didn't tell me you two had broken up!" Steven kind of moaned like a child. I guess Steven liked him, thought he was a good guy for me. But clearly not considering the whole roommate situation.

"Yeah shit happens get over it. Why don't you go & date him if you're so upset" I spat earning a laugh out of Jesse. I grabbed my coffee and headed back to my room, leaving the two. On my way up I could hear Steven lecturing Jesse about backing him up and I silently laughed. Before I could reach the doorknob, a cold hand grabbed my shoulder. This trashy looking girl with super smudged makeup looked me up and down before saying "Yeah, you're not Jesse's type. Lay off it" she warned. I shrugged it off considering what little fight I had left from this fucking hangover. Had I been completely sober this girl would've really gotten it. I slumped back into bed next to Leesa who was still sleeping.

I woke up again at 1:30 to someone gently tapping my shoulder. I rolled over and hid under the comforter.

"Hey your brother needs you to get up, we need to pack before we leave tonight" said the one and only Jessie. I hesitated for a moment before I felt his strong arms lift me up and instantly I was awake.

"Okay okay! I'm awake I promise!" I told him, giggling. Looking down at me he offered a hand and helped me up. I must have looked like a mess in that moment.

"Where's Leesa?" I asked.

"Uh I think she's downstairs with your brother" he said as we went downstairs. Before we made it to where everyone else was, I felt his hands graze my lower back, guiding me. I smiled to myself as butterflies flew in my stomach from this small gesture. God he was gonna be the death of me.

I saw some girls from the night before glaring at me. What fucking ever. Sitting next to each other I find Leesa & Steven. My best friend was giggling at whatever stupid joke Steven was telling her. She wouldn't be the first of my friends to think my brother was cute but still, it kinda hurt. It was more annoying than anything.

Jesse & I plopped on the couch next to each other. He rested his arm on the couch right above my head and I suddenly wanted him to keep it there. I stole a glance at Jesse without him noticing as he ran a hand through his dark locks. Again, he was wearing a muscle tee that boasted his toned biceps. If only he knew what it was doing to me. He lit his cig and took a puff before offering to me.

"Nah I'm good" I laughed lightly and he smirked. I knew he could tell I wanted to. My ex was the one who made me quit.

"I won't tell" he half whispered.

I looked into his dark eyes for a long second, studying the countless freckles on his face before he brought the cig to my lips letting me take a puff. Damn he was convincing.