Mission: Rescue the Girl

The Voltron Team had received an unusual distress signal.  As Coran approached his station, his eyes widened and his moustache twitched.
    "What?! Did they actually call for help?! Princess, we can't go. It's a trap!"
    "Coran, what the quiznak are you talking about?"asked Allura.
"The distress signal! It's from... a Galra ship!"
    "What?!"
The rest of the paladins quickly arrived to their stations.
     "What's going on? Where's the distress signal coming from?" demanded Shiro.
"Coran says it's from a Galra ship!"
    "Please, Princess, we have no time to waste. We have to-- a Galra ship?!"
"Coran, are you feeling okay? That's crazy!" exclaimed Lance,
"Yea. There's no way they'd actually be calling for help. Specially not from us." stated Keith.
"I'm serious! I-- Pidge! Analyse the signal! Tell them I'm not lying!"protested Coran.
Pidge tapped away at her screen and finally confirmed.
    "Yep, he's telling the truth. The signal is indeed coming from a Galra ship."
    "So? Is this their idea of a trap? That's low even for them. " said Hunk.
    Shiro frowned. "There must be more to this. I don't think it was the Galra who sent the signal. It could have been--"
    "A prisoner?" Allura finished.
    "Exactly. "
    "How can we be sure, though? We can't just bust in there. If it is a trap, we'll be sure to fall." a concerned Keith stated.
    "Pidge, do you think you could access their system with the signal?" asked Shiro.
    "I'm sure I can. That's what I'm concerned about though. I'm sure they know we could be able to do that, so why would they purposely open a door for their own demise?"
     "Yea, even I wouldn't be as dumb as to do that." Lance said.
     "So does this mean it is a prisoner?" questioned Keith.
     " That's what I'm trying to figure out--"
     "Hold on!" cut in Coran. "I've received a transmission from the ship!"
  Coran clicks a few times and in a few ticks, a hologram appears before them.
  A young girl appears in a dark room. She seems scared and beaten.
    "Paladins of  Voltron; This isn't a trap. I am a prisoner of this ship. I only have a few minutes until I am found out. Please, help me. I've sent out a signal with my coordinates. Please, save me. "
  A loud crash is heard behind her.
    "I've run out of time. Please, hurry. "
  The transmission ends.
    "Well, someone does need our help after all. Let's go!"
~~~~~~~
  Once the castle has reached their destination, the paladins all gleamed at the planet before them.
    "Earth! Our home!" cried out Lance.
    "Hang on. Why is the ship so close to Earth? Does this mean... Zarkon is planning on taking over it already?" asked a worried Hunk.
    "I doubt that. There'd be hundreds of ships already colonising it." Allura reassured him.
    "So why would one Galra ship be out here?" asked Keith.
    "That is something we're going to have to find out after we rescue that girl. Since this ship is alone, all we have to do is sneak in there, rescue the prisoners, and destroy the ship. Pidge, we're going to need your Lion's cloaking ability to get in. Hunk, Lance, get to your lions. Once Pidge, Keith and I are out safely with all the prisoners, surround the ship, and explode it. " explained Shiro.
      "Got it!"

  Shiro, Keith and Pidge successfully entered the ship unseen. Pidge was able to access the control panel and copy a map of the ship.
  Once they found the prisoners' room, they found the girl from earlier: alone. She was on the floor, unconscious.
  Keith stood outside as guard while Pidge and Shiro helped the girl up.
    "Miss? Can you hear me? Is there anyone else here who needs to be rescued?" asked Shiro.
  Pidge observed her for any other signs of torture. She noticed the girl had multiple bruises and scars along her arms and legs. The scars were a deep maroon, almost purple, color. They must have been from either deep cuts or serious burns. She also had a small cut on her left cheek just below her eye.
  She was very thin and fragile. Her skin was pale. She was wearing a dirty, torn up dress. Her lips were cracked and had dried blood on them. She was a small girl--about Pidge's age.
  The girl began to open her eyes. "V-Voltron?"
    "Yes, Miss. We're paladins of  Voltron. We're going to get you out of here. Is there anyone else we should be rescuing?" asked Shiro.
    "N-No. I've... checked every other chamber and they're empty. I'm the only one they took this time. "
  This time?
    "What do you mean?"
    "Shiro, we should really get going now. We can ask her more questions once we're all safe." Keith hurriedly added.
    "Right."
  Shiro picked the light girl up in his arms and the three paladins bolted out of the ship. Having to destroy some sentries along the way, that is.
  Hunk and Lance were more than ready to destroy the ship.  As soon as they got the 'okay' they blasted the ship with all the power they had.

  Lance and Hunk gave Earth one last look before returning to the planet that was galaxies away from their home.
  I'll be home soon, I promise.

Hi there. It is I, the author. Let me know what you think of this chapter. Is it too rushed? I feel like it is but then again I did write this fast so I could go to sleep! Are there any mistakes that are nagging at you? Let me know! Thanks for reading this! <3