Adjusting & Discoveries

I want to thank Nitrousyaoi for the continued support and always commenting on all my chapters! It means a lot to me :) This chapter is dedicated to you!

Alby's abduction was an entire blur once he had agreed to willingly go with Captain Mason in order to save the lives of Hadsen and the Mirabelle's crew.

Strung over the pirate's shoulder like a bag of flour, Alby kept his promise and did not kick or struggle. Instead he went limp, closed his eyes and prayed for strength.

Before Alby realized it he was being deposited onto a cushy and velvety surface.

"Welcome aboard the Lorelei," Sebastiano chuckled as he kicked the door shut with his heavy boot.

Alby sat up and realized that he was indeed moving from one captain's bed to another, literally. Surprisingly Captain Mason's apartments were even more luxurious than those of Captain Hadsen. While the captain's quarters aboard the Mirabelle were spacious, they were also rather sparse with nothing but the large desk, bed, cabinets and maps strewn across a table.

Captain Mason's room was filled with treasures and trinkets from all over the world. It was obvious the captain had traveled far beyond the turquoise waters of the Leiwyn Seas. The bed he had been tossed onto was even larger than Hadsen's and was far cushier. Dark blue velvet covers wrinkled beneath Alby's lithe frame as he sat up straight. An entire wall of leather bound tomes was behind a table also strewn with maps...but instead of them just being local maps of the coast, they were maps of foreign lands and even the stars!

The sound of wine being poured suddenly jolted the young prince out of his reverie.

"Take a good look around, little prince. These four walls will become very familiar to you over the next few weeks," Sebastiano turned to regard his handsome captive as he took a deep swig of red wine.

"Your maps..." Alby began but then remembered the pain from being struck earlier and lowered his head with a whimper.

The captain raised a brow and set his half-empty goblet aside. "What about my maps, boy? Do you hope to find one that will help you escape? Impossible!" The dark haired captain chuckled to himself and popped a few grapes into his mouth, as he was quite famished after a long day at sea.

"No...I...am impressed by your maps and books," Alby twiddled his thumbs nervously.

"Please! I am sorry...they are just impressive and..." Alby cowered, covering his head with trembling arms, afraid of being struck again.

"Impressed by my meager collection? If I had access to the sort of libraries and knowledge that the royals horde for themselves in the capital then I would be a far wealthier man. Now stop trying to fuck with my mind," he hissed.

Alby's head shot up and his eyes were wide and filled with confusion. "F...fuck with your mind?" he squeaked out.

"Trying to get me to let my guard down. I know the moment you have an opening you will attack me while I sleep or have my back turned. There is no escape little prince," the captain warned him.

A frown crossed the young prince's face, "I am not trying to deceive you! I swore that I would not struggle or try to escape...and that I will obey whatever you ask of me. There is no deception in my words...I am truly impressed."

The pirate captain raised a brow in surprise and shook his head, "Strange little prince. Now shut your mouth before I put it to a better use."

Alby fell silent one again and watched as the captain plopped down into a dark leather chair that creaked under his weight. Beneath his clothes the captain was pure muscle and strength. His years fighting with the sword and working aboard a ship guaranteed that as much.