Chapter 1 - Dreams Of London

As I climb the never ending stairs I can’t help but imagine the new and exciting things that I will experience while living here in London with my best friend in the whole wide world. Charlotte and I have been planning on spending our gap year here ever since we were in primary school and now we’re finally living that dream. We finally get to the door of our new apartment and as the door flies open I decide that it’s even more beautiful than I’d imagined. We make our way into the living room and the first thing I see is a magnificent view of the London Bridge through a huge, spotless window.

 After admiring a large amount of Landmarks through the window we decide it’s best to settle in and begin unpacking our stuff. The bed sheets were the same bland colour as everything else in the apartment so the first thing I do is change them over for my turquoise striped ones. I then walk through to the bathroom to unpack all my toiletries and hair products. The room is starting to feel a bit more like home but something is missing. I reach into my bag and pull out my big, soft teddy bear and place it on my pillow. My parent s gave me the bear when I was born and having it with me always makes me happier.

Deciding that the room looks good enough for the moment I walk out to go see how Charlotte is doing. As usual she is sorting out all her shoes and clothes. I sit on her bed and start a conversation about what out time will be like here in London while she made the finishing touches to her wardrobe.

It was almost eight o’clock when we decided that we should go check out one of the many restaurants down the road. We grabbed a few things then we were out the door. As we walked out our neighbours were just arriving back to their apartment. Those five boys looked vaguely familiar to me but I had no idea why.

“Where could I have seen them then??” I think to myself, while admiring their perfection.

Maybe this trip would turn out to be even better than I expected!