Chapter 4 - Sick

I awake the next morning feeling terrible, all I want is to go back to sleep. My head aches, throat throbs and my nose is running like crazy. I struggle out of bed and stumble into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I see an unrecognisable face staring back at me. As I didn’t take off my make-up last night it had made its way all over my face causing black smudges everywhere. They bags under my eyes are dark and puffy and I can barely keep my eyes open. I stammer back to my bed and plummet into the soft, warm cushions, drifting back to sleep.

A short time later I hear the door creek open and I assume it would be Charlotte telling me to start getting ready for our big day out.

“Yeah, yeah Im getting there babe! I’m just really tired and I feel pretty sick” I say before she has time to jump on me or something. Only when I look up I see who is actually there I am caught staring into the eyes of none other than Louis Tomlinson. I am in such a shock that I just sit there still staring into his beautiful blue eyes.

“Morning babe,” Louis says cheerfully, breaking the silence, “I guess you didn’t expect to see me here, did you?”

“No, not at all” I reply “Aren’t you supposed to be at the beach?”

It is only then that I notice the time, it’s almost 12:30. We were supposed to meet the boys out the front at 10:30 so first of all why didn’t Charlotte wake me up and second of all why is Louis here?

“Yeah the others are there now with Charlotte but when she told me you didn’t look well I decided to stay with you,” He says followed by a smile “Anyway it would be good to get to know you without the others around, they can be kind of immature sometimes” he shoots me a wink before leaving the room.

While he is gone I decide to go make my way into the bathroom again. When I look in the mirror I remember how crap I look, with my make-up everywhere. I get annoyed at myself for not remembering earlier, how could I let Louis freaking Tomlinson let me look like this? I grab a hand towel and begin scrubbing away the mess. Once my make-up is off I take out a brush and pull at the knots in my hair. I throw it into a ponytail and stumble out to the kitchen.

I’m about halfway down the hall when I bump into Louis. He’s holding two plates of food, a jug of water and a box of what look like flu tablets. I offer to help him carry something but he declines, forcing me back into my room. We walk back to my room and sit on my bed for a bit. In between eating we talked about various things; their fans, sports, Australia, music and a whole lot of other things too.

“So why’d you guys decide to live in London? Aren’t there more interesting places?” Louis asks me

“Well I don’t know really, it’s just been somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit. It’s so pretty here and it’s quite different from Australia really. As for Charlotte I think she wanted to come here just to meet you boys,” I say laughing lightly. I’m not sure if it’s entirely true but when I mentioned how I wanted to go to London I’m sure it was the first thing she thought of.

“Well she’s completed her purpose of coming here then,” he jokes “Well I’m definitely glad you guys came”

I can’t freaking believe it Louis Tomlinson pretty much just told me he’s happy he met me.

“I am too” I smile at him.

We decide to watch a movie and Louis lets me choose. I choose a chick flick just to annoy him but when we’re about halfway through I begin to think he’s actually enjoying watching it. I don’t realise it but about three quarters of the way through the movie I fall asleep with Louis by my side.

I wake up to people jumping around me. I’m currently lying in my bed next to Louis while Harry and Charlotte are jumping around whilst teasing us.

“Oooo you guys have gotten pretty close. Louis and Annie sitting in a tree k-I-s-s-I-n“ Harry teases before being interrupted by a serious Louis.

“We didn’t kiss Harry, we’re just friends” Louis clears out in a serious tone.

“Come on you’re sleeping in the same bed” Charlotte adds.

“Nothing happened between us and it never will” Louis screams, embarrassed yet angry at the same time. Why is he so angry about them having a little joke? Am I really that bad that he wouldn’t even want to think about being with me? I mean I know we barely know each other but really? Way to make me feel even worse.

Louis storms out of the room leaving Charlotte and Harry confused. They both turn to me as I begin to sob. I really shouldn’t be crying, I barely know this boy but I just feel like crap. I already did thanks to stupid jetlag but now Louis has made it ten times worse. Charlotte sends Harry out of the room and pulls me into a tight hug telling me it will be okay.

After a few minutes I pull away from Charlotte’s hug and wipe away my tears. I storm out of my room, then out of the apartment.

 I need to go talk to him…