Chapter 6 - "Meet Me Here at 7"

Walking down the street I get to see exactly what its like in London. I’ve been stuck inside for the past 2 days and the few times I have been out it has been night time. Everything is so much different during the day. The streets are crawling with both tourists and businessmen.  I make my way down to the local café to get some coffee and muffins for breakfast.

Charlotte is going to see some family for the next 3 days so I have to find some ways to amuse myself. My plan for today is to grab some breakfast then visit some of the local shops to buy some new clothes. I arrive at the café and walk up to the counter to order. Once my food is ready I walk out and find a park bench to sit at.

After breakfast I head down the street to find some shops. I see ‘TopShop’ across the street and my stomach literally jumps. I have always wanted to go to TopShop and I finally have the chance. I walk through the door smiling from ear to ear and begin to look at the beautiful clothing. I find a few things I’d like to buy. When I walk up to the counter there is another boy standing there waiting for the sales assistant. I patiently wait behind him and its only when he turns around that I notice that it is actually Liam in front of me.

“Hey babe,” he says cheerfully.

“Hey Liam, how are you doing?” I ask politely.

“Im great thanks, I suppose you’re spending the day shopping! What’s Charlotte up to?”

“Oh, she’s gone to visit some family for the next few days so I’m just going to be doing some shopping and I think I’ll go sightseeing tomorrow,” I reply still slightly amazed that I’m speaking so casually to the Liam Payne.

The shopping assistant comes over so we can pay for our clothes before walking out the door.

“So where to next?” Liam asks. I am caught by surprise at the fact that he wants me to go shopping with him but he’s so sweet so I have to let him be a gentleman.

“Anywhere you’d like, I don’t really know any good shops anyway so you can take the lead” I reply.

“Cool, how about we go to Harrods next then” he suggests.

“Sure,” I agree with a friendly smile.

Liam walks me back to my apartment and I thank him for joining me today. It was really a great day and it was good to get to know Liam a lot better. He’s so sweet. We get back to the apartment around 4:00pm. I place all my bags onto my bed and walk out to the couch to watch some TV. I settle on watching some old episodes of Glee when I begin to feel tired. I continue to watch although as I do my eyelids get heavier and heavier until I eventually drift off to sleep.

I wake up to the high-pitched chirp of the doorbell. I quickly jump off the couch and run to the door. When I open it I see Louis standing in front of me.

“Hey Annie, are you doing anything tonight?” he asks.

“Umm no not really. Charlotte’s visiting family so I will pretty much just eat dinner then go to bed, why?” I reply slowly, still tired after my short nap.

“Meet me here at 7:00 then” Louis says before walking back down the corridor. I shut the door and walk inside to find out the time. Why does he want me to meet him? Is it going to be a date or are we just going as friends?

After I decide that Louis just wants to go somewhere as friends for the night I begin to worry about what to wear. I search through everything in my closet and I can’t find a single thing to wear. Then I remember the beautiful dress Liam picked out for me from New Look. It will be perfect! I grab it out of the bag and throw it on. It is now 6:30 so I just have time to curl my hair and put on some make-up.

I have 2 or 3 minutes until I am supposed to meet Louis so I sit nervously on the couch thinking about what he may have planned. Where could we possibly be going? To dinner? To one of the beautiful tourist attractions? To the fair that’s going on down the street? Maybe he hasn’t planned anything; maybe we’re just going to his apartment to play fifa or something. I begin to worry that I may be a bit overdressed and I contemplate going back to my room to change but just as I get up off the couch I hear a light tap on the door. It’s too late to change now.

I pull open the door and Louis stands in front of me in a black suit. I am suddenly glad I didn’t change. We both stand there staring at each other for what feels like 20 minutes.

“Uh so where are we going?” I ask as we both break our stares.

“Well, we have to leave that as a surprise babe” He replies with a wink.