Chapter 5 - I'll be fine...

I storm into his apartment, something I would never usually do but my body has been taken over by anger causing me to act quite unusually. I head for what looks to be a corridor and hear Louis in one of the rooms. The door is open just an inch and I can see Louis inside so I decide to walk in. He is sitting on the bed, his face resting in his palms. I can’t tell if he’s crying from his position but the heavy breathing and light sighs give me a strong belief that he is. I walk further into the room and stand in front of him, unsure of what to do. I can tell he know I’m here but neither of us show any reaction to one another. After a few minutes of listening to him lightly sob into his bare palms I decide to wrap my arms around him to comfort him.

”What’s wrong?” I ask, in a friendly, considerate tone.

“I’m such an idiot. I took all my anger out on them and in the process I hurt you. I mean we had an amazing day, honestly one of the best I’ve had in weeks and I just ruined it. I’m really sorry Annie,” He says.

“Hey Louis don’t worry about it, I’m fine,” I reply. It wasn’t entirely the truth but I wasn’t going to make him feel any worse than he already is.

“You’re not, you’ve been crying. I should never have taken my anger out on Harry but he should know that relationships are a sensitive topic for me at the moment” He says softly, slightly regretting telling me everything he had.

“What happened? Relationship wise?” I blurt out before even realising what I’m asking. I’ve known this boy for just over a day and I’m already asking him things that I’d never even tell my close friends. “I’m really sorry,” I say, “I shouldn’t have asked that.”

“Oh no its just a messy break-up really,” He says as he finally looks me in the eyes. I pull him into another hug to let him know that it will be all right and that I accept his apology from before.

“ I can already tell we’re going to be great friends, Annie” Louis says, still holding onto me tightly.

“Me too,” I reply, leaning my head into his shoulder.

Later that night I find myself in a small restaurant with Charlotte eating dinner. A plate of lasagne sits in front of me although I’m really not that interested in it. Charlotte is blabbing about all of the amazing things that happened today at the beach; like how Liam had pushed her into the water and how the boys played piggyback wars while she sat on the beach. She also told me how her and Harry had gotten really close. She seems so happy whilst speaking about her day but all I can think about is Louis and I’m not entirely sure why.

“So, are you feeling much better?” She asks, breaking my train of thought.

“Umm yeah I feel a lot better actually,” I reply. I must admit I hadn’t even remembered that I was in fact sick when I woke up this morning. All I’ve been thinking about was Louis.

“Must’ve just been jet-lag or something then,” Char suggests.

“Yeah I guess so,” I agree.

After dinner Charlotte and I head straight back to the apartment. We both head into our rooms to change and get ready for bed. Even though its still only 7pm we’re both pretty tired from our big days and we’re still not entirely used to the time differences.  Once in my room I change into my fluffy polka-dot pyjama pants and a baggy t-shirt. I comb out my hair and remove all my make-up before heading out to the kitchen. I figure it will be nice to share a warm cup of hot chocolate with Charlotte before bed so we can talk about our time in England so far.

Just like at dinner Charlotte talks about her and Harry the whole time but I don’t particularly mind as to be honest I’m not really listening to what she’s saying. All I can think about is Louis. I feel as if we may be taking things really fast, like he might have the wrong idea about how I feel. I mean sure he’s one of the kindest, hottest and funniest boys I’ve ever met but I only want to be friends with him,

 At least I think that’s all I want…