2

"Vincent can you please tell me what is the powerhouse of the cell?"

I looked up and smiled, "Of course ma'am it's the mitochondria, right?"

The teacher nodded approvingly before moving.

"He's always right."

"He can do no wrong."

"God he's so hot."

"Hot? More like sexy devil."

"Vinny could never be a devil. He couldn't even burn a piece of paper."

I felt my insides churn as I heard what people said. The blanket began its slow wrap over my body.

They thought they knew me, but they really didn't. Know one knew me.

Sometimes I don't even know myself.

"Vincent, are you still with the class?" The teacher asked looking at me

I pulled my face into a smile shoving my depression under the desk, "I'm sorry I zoned out."

She pressed her lips into a thin line. "Please be more conscious next time."

"Of course." I nodded my head slightly

The bell rung and she sighed before dismissing us. The students poured out the classroom.

I was on my way to my locker when I was stopped by my best friend Cole.

"Dude you will never believe what Sarah just did to me." He gloated.

I shook my head at him, "Aren't you dating Dianna?"

He gave me a confuse look, "The brunette with big boobs?"

I sighed as I continued to my looker, "Yes her."

He waved me off, "She understands our agreement."

I opened my locker shaking my head again.

Cole was quite the player. Even when he was in a relationship he would create an agreement with them. They all agreed, because they swore they could change him.

People don't change.

They really don't.

The blanket tightened and the air was sucked out my lungs. I took a few stable breaths as Cole rattled on about a tongue technique Sarah used.

I closed my locker and turned to Cole, "I don't want to hear anything else about Sarah."

Cole smirked, "It was amazing though."

I scoffed before we both shoveled to our English class. We both had it together.

"All right class settle down, today we will be starting another book." Mr.Jax started

There was a murmur of protest through the class. They quickly stopped at his hard stare.

"Before you whine like babies you should at least know what book your reading."

"But it's still reading!" Someone towards the farther back yelled. There were a few snickers at the comment.

"The book your going to read is," he looked into our faces before speaking again.

"Dr.Seuss, Green eggs and ham."

There were gasp and sputters of laughs and many eye rolls.

I blinked trying to understand what he said. I looked at Cole and he just shrugged a grin on his face.

"Quiet down, when you finish the book I expect a 5 paged essay on the book. It will be titled The Deeper Meaning."

"What's deeper than breakfast?"

"Sarah."

The whole class laughed at these two comments, but I sat there feeling the blanket wrap around me.

I wasn't even upset by anything.

Mr.Jax was about to continue when a girl came in through the door.

It was Aayona. Or as everyone considered the town's bad girl.

Her black hair was in a ponytail showing off her face. She was gorgeous with crystal blue eyes and pouty pink lips.

Mr.Jax sighed, "Why are you late?"

Her mouth turned into a slight smile, "All that matters is that I'm here now."

The class snickered. There were many rumors to why she was always late class. Most being sexually influenced.

Mr.Jax gave her a hard look, "That's detention again."

She shrugged and looked for an open seat. Her eyes landed on me and a small smile tugged the corners of her lips.

"Are you ever going to sit down?" He asked annoyed

She rolled her eyes and took a seat that was right next to the door.

"Okay class I am going to pass out the books and you can get a start on reading them."

I watched as Mr.Hax began to pass out actual Dr.Seuss books out.

He got to me and offered a faint smile. I gave him one back.

The cover was glossy and new. I opened it and flipped through the book looking at the drawings."

"I can't even remember the last time I read a picture book." I said

A girl in front of turned around a smile on her over-glossed lips.

"You can say that again."

I smiled and ran a hand through my hair watching her swoon.

"Yeah it's kind of like a trip down memory lane." I said looking into her brown eyes

She blushed and fiddled her fingers, "Maybe we could get together and reminisce?"

I didn't let my smile drop even though the blanket wrapped around again.

"Yeah maybe sometime." I said now looking away.

She smiled and turned back around and instantly began to talk to her friend who kept glancing at me.

"And you call me a player." Cole snorted

I looked at him, "Because you are."

He shook his head and closed the book, "At least I don't get their hopes up, I'm very straight forward."

I rolled my eyes and put my book into my bag. My eyes glancing at the clock every few moments.

"I don't get their hopes up, they do it themselves." I said

Cole clicked his tongue, "Whatever you need to say to sleep better at night."

A little more than words. I thought miserably

The bell rung and I hiked it out of there. School was finally over.

I gave Cole a good-bye before making my way to my car parked in the back.

A slow dread crept its way into the out of my stomach. The blanket now suffocating me.

"Deep breaths." I told myself hopping in my car.

I started it and zoomed out of the parking lot. My breathing wasn't settling and I really didn't want to have a panic attack.

The quicker I get home the better.

My neighborhood came into view and I took the street to my house. I didn't see my mother's car when I pulled up.

"Well that's okay." I said aloud my breathing returning to normal.

I walked into my house and went up to my room. I flopped onto my bed letting out a sigh.

"Home Sweet Home."

-------------

Another chapter. Yay I'm doing good!

Vote comment share

Xoxo