4

"Take a picture it'll last longer." Aayona mocked

I instantly stopped gaping and put on my usual smile, even though I felt anything except happy.

"Don't do that." She said

I frowned, "Do what?"

She pointed in my direction, I realized she was smoking something.

"That fake smile." she took a slow drag her eyes never leaving me.

I felt myself beginning to sweat, so I changed the conversation.

"That's my favourite place to sit." I said walking closer.

On further investigation it was in fact a joint in between her manicured fingers.

She shrugged blowing the smoke into the sky, "There's room for two."

I nodded and hopped up and sat my shoulder slightly touching hers. I dangled my legs and let out a breath.

"Why?" She said after a few silent moments.

"Why what?" I asked studying the flat clouds.

"Why is this your favourite spot?" She said blowing out more smoke

The thoughts of my younger life attacked my mind and I felt myself sagging inwards.

"Does it matter?" I said blankly

She snorted next to me, "Pretty boy making a sarcastic remark, get the holy water."

I turned to look at her, but she was studying the ground a slight smile on her lips.

Her crystal eyes met mine and she blew some smoke into me.

The smoke filled my nose and mouth making me choke. It tasted sweet against my tongue.

"Smoking causes cancer." I said fanning the smoke away

She cracked a grin, "It also cures emotional pain, so why don't you take a puff?"

She held the joint out to me and I looked at her with a confused expression.

"I don't smoke." I said

She grinned and put the joint to her lips, "I expected that much." She took a puff and the end embers turned a bright red

I shrugged not having any energy to say anything else. Although I knew I needed to talk to keep me from my thoughts.

I felt her shift and her shoulder bumped against mine.

"Sorry." She apologized

I didn't say anything even though I wanted to. My lips were glued shut.

She glanced at me, "Are you okay?"

The question rocked me to the core making me cough.

Are you okay?

I gasped and sucked in a large amount of air before looking at her.

Her expression was unreadable, her icy blue eyes the only thing letting me in.

"I'm perfectly fine." I said softly

"It's not good to lie." She said blowing out smoke

I looked at her, "I'm not lying."

She inhaled, "Your eyes are telling otherwise." She let the smoke slowly drift out if her mouth in wisp.

I watched for a moment before asking, "How do you know?"

She pulled at a string on her shirt, "Your eyes are bloodshot."

"You said you don't smoke, which means your probably not high, unless your drunk or sleep deprived."

She looked me over and I shifted under her gaze.

"If your sleep deprived you wouldn't have came here, and you don't smell or look drunk."

She paused to take a few puffs of her joint. The smoke curled into the air.

"So the next best thing for bloodshot eyes is crying, and people usually don't cry hard enough unless," she looked at me, "There not perfectly fine."

I bit my lip and looked up at the sky. The usual grip I felt on my body was slowly relaxing.

Maybe it was the smoke.

"What are you a detective?" I asked

She smiled showing off her white teeth, "I'm going to major in psychology." Was her answer

I nodded before looking at her, "I'd think I'd like to smoke for the first time."

-----------

ßssssssssss

Vote comment share

Xoxo