3

I woke up not realizing I had taken a nap.

I groaned and went downstairs and found my mom sitting at the kitchen island papers surrounding her.

Her blonde hair was thrown into a sloppy bun as the creases in her forehead deepened.

The familiar blanket of sadness slightly tightened around me as I saw her fretting.

"Hey mom." I said

She turned to me a slight smile on her face, "You finally woke up."

I smiled, "Yeah, I was a bit tired."

She nodded and turned back to the papers, "I was thinking take out for dinner."

I went and got a bottle of water, "Pizza."

She hummed in agreement and I went to the house phone since Jimmy's Pizza Place was on speed dial.

"Anything new happen at school?" She asked after I finished the call

I shrugged sitting next to her, "Not that I know of."

She sighed her dark green eyes sparkling, "I remember highschool, all the drama and fun it had been, the different people."

Her gaze fell to the papers, "I remember him." She said this quieter, but I still heard her.

"Why do you do this?" I asked feeling myself fall into my sadness, the blanket clutching to me.

Her eyes snapped to me regret in them, "Oh Vinny, I-I didn't realize-"

I cut her off abruptly standing making the chair make a loud screech. She flinched and ducked her eyes.

"I'm going for a walk." I said blankly

She didn't say anything, but nodded her eyes going back to her papers.

I made my way to the door each step feeling like cement was attached to my feet.

I could feel myself sweating and that meant an upcoming panic attack.

I instantly knew where I was going.

I ran and ducked through the sides of houses, my breathing picking up.

I finally made it to the clearing and felt my body buzzing. I dragged myself to the nearest tree stump and spasmed.

My lungs burned and tears escaped my eyes. I gripped my thighs digging my nails in, to grip onto something.

My vision blurred as I looked at a rock. I heaved in breaths trying to stay conscious.

My breathing settled and I sucked in a large amount of air to sooth my lungs. I looked at the ground as the blanket wrapped itself around me.

I stood and walked deeper into the woods. The terrain was familiar from me being here often.

The small Creek signaled I was getting closer to my destination.

The small plain of clear land came into view and I let out a satisfied breath.

But I quickly sucked it back in when I realized someone else was here.

And sitting on my favorite rock.

--------------

I hope everyone knows that when I refer to the blanket that's it's his depression.

This story is really on a roll. Yay I'm doing good!

Vote comment share

Xoxo