5

"Are you sure?" Her eyes serious

I nodded my head. Part of me knew going to drugs for emotional problems wasn't okay, but it had to be better than the Lexapro and Xanax they tried to treat me with.

She took a long puff before passing it to me. It was light and I pressed it my lips mimicking what she had done.

I took a breath in and the smoke was dry as it choked me. I coughed loudly pulling it away.

She snorted next to me and took it back, "Your doing it wrong, watch me."

I looked at her wheezing. She pressed the tip to her lips and took in a deep breath. She held it for a second and then released the smoke blowing into my face.

"You have to breath like normal and then hold it in." She passed it back to me

I took it warily and tried again. This time the smoke only slight hurt as it went down my throat. I blew it out, watched the grayness escape my lips.

She took the joint, "You won't feel the affects until a few more times, but it works."

We continued passing it back and forth in silence. The familiar blanket was nowhere on me as I lazily stared at the drifting clouds.

The smoke was going down my throat smoothly and I felt like a pro as I blew lazy circles into the air.

"I should probably get going." I said taking one last long drag.

She gave me a lazy smile, "See you around."

I nodded and began to slowly walk away. The trees seemed to blend in as my steps were light.

I made it home the sweet smell still clinging to me instead of my usual sadness.

"Vincent, is that you?" My mom called

I looked up to her from the door two pizza boxes in her hand.

My stomach grumbled and I winced. I was extremely hungry and my mouth felt dry.

"Yeah." I said taking one of the pizzas

I didn't wait as I opened the box and took a slice out eating half of it in one bite.

The pizza tasted amazing. Better than it usually did all the flavors blending perfectly.

"Are you hungry?" My mom asked giving me a small smile

I nodded finishing the slice and going for another slice. I quickly ate that one and grabbed a third.

"Your going to get a stomach ache." She said taking the box

I walked to the kitchen to get a drink. Juice is what I really wanted. Grabbing the carton of orange juice I drank it with out a cup.

"Vincent, don't drink straight out the carton!"

I drained the last of it before letting out a loud belch.

"I'm still hungry." I said getting another slice

My mom stared at me in disbelief as I grabbed two. I bit them both at once.

"Oh lord I'm going upstairs." She said before grabbing her stuff and leaving.

I shrugged and got another slice, "More for me."

As the sound of her steps silenced to a muffled walk over my head, I took a deep breath.

My mind raced as I recalled seeing her icy blue eyes and cool demeanor. I licked my lips tasting the sticky sweetness.

Our time together was a murky blur in my head as I tried to remember. But one thing ran through my head clear and unfiltered.

She wanted to be a psychologist.

-----------

Vote comment share.