Twenty Six: Greyson Wolfe

--

I stood in silence as I looked down upon the glass kingdom. My eyes were locked upon a husband and wife, who had a young five year old boy trailing behind them. His white shoes seemed to be a size too large as he wobbled and messily worked his way behind his parents. I smiled as I watched the mother and father stop to wait for their son behind them, before the father picked the boy up into his arms and carried him the rest of the way.

Sighing, I straightened out my pure white dress and made sure I was still looking the same as everyone else. Jack had been very strict on how I dressed after the other night's fiasco, even if it had nothing to do with how I looked; he didn't want any more problems.

"Are you lost miss?" I heard someone ask, making me turn around and face a tall man near my age who wore a long white lab coat. His chiseled pale face looked worried, as if I wasn't supposed to be where I was. Moving my hair back behind my shoulders and straightening myself out, I shook my head.

"No, I'm with Jack Nethers, he's inside the clinic right now checking back on Ms. Macline from last night. I'm just waiting for him," I told, closing in on his blue eyes as he scanned mine. It was almost as if he knew I wasn't like the other citizens, but I didn't dare to ask.

"Oh yes, I heard what you got into with her. I think the whole board did too. Things get around very fast here," he chuckled, making me look around to the other people walking about the second story and wondering if they knew who I was as well. "It looks like Jack didn't get around to your wounds very much did he?" he asked, making me look down to my hands that were tightly wrapped in bandages that were soaked through with blood. 

"I bet they hurt having to have dealt with them for this long already?" he wondered once more, making me nod and look up as he brushed through his blonde hair. "I don't see the harm in helping if you'd like? Jack's busy enough, I can take you into my office and take care of those if that's okay?"

Ending his sentence and looking over to me in wonder, I didn't know whether to say yes or no. Jack specifically told me to wait where I was until he arrived back to get me, but it had been at least a half an hour and my hands were killing me. Also, when was the last time I listened to him anyways...

"Sure, that would be nice," I responded, following him as he led me into the clinic, telling the desk attendant that he would be taking Dr. Nethers patient for him. I walked into his office, looking at the pitch white walls and sterile bed placed in the middle of the room. His desk was off to the side a bit, along with the other things needed to aid people if needed.

"If you could take a seat on the bed that would be wonderful," he told, making me do as told and straighten out my dress best I could once more. "I'm Dr. Wolfe, but you can call me Greyson." he smiled to me, making me slightly smile back as he sat down in a swivel chair and came over to see my hands.

"I'm Charlotte," I said back, making him look up to me and nod, before I pushed out my hands to him and he examined each one carefully. The gashes that tore open from hitting Lydia were still oozing substances that not even I could explain, but fine beginnings of scabs started coating a few other of the cuts. 

One in particular, though, which was larger than the rest, started bleeding once again after the bandages were removed. Dabbing and washing, Greyson aided to my wounds, before telling me the news that I knew was probably coming.

"You'll need a few stitches for this one gash. I wouldn't guess more than five or six," Greyson noted, making me look to him and nod, but deep down I was just a tad afraid. I had never had stitches, I didn't know the first thing about them! I was also worried about Jack and where he was since he told me it wouldn't be that long with Lydia.