4- Gone

Once you got in the car you asked Daveed where you were going.

"It's a surprise!" He said while driving. You were driving for a while. Making small talk, Daveed dropping little flirts here and there.

Finally you pulled up to a huge building. You looked at the sign. It read Central Park Zoo.

You looked up at Daveed with a big smile. "We're going to the zoo!?" You bounced up and down like a 3 year old. He laughed "Yeah I thought you might like it."

"I love the zoo! Come on. Let's go!" You said getting excited.

You went to the ticket booth and Daveed got you two tickets. You walked in and you were completely astonished by everything. The zoo was built beautifully, the whole atmosphere had amazing vibes. You both decided to go to the snow monkeys first. They were so cute. One of them came over to you and tried to touch you but the glass stopped it from doing that.

Next you saw the red pandas, grizzly bears, and the puffins. Daveed asked you if you wanted to feed the sea lions, you did. You two ran over to the exhibit and the zookeeper told you what to do. You grabbed a fish and held it out and sure enough one of the sea lions came over and snatched it. You kind of jolted back because the sudden speed shocked you. You fell back and started laughing. Daveed started laughing too. He walked over and helped you up.

"That was so much fun!" you excitedly shouted to him.

"It was much more fun when that sea lions broke your ankles." He said jokingly. You playfully slapped his arm.

He grabbed your hand and led you to the 4D movie theater. It was designed for you to be able to hear, see, and feel everything around you. The movie playing was Ice Age and everytime one of the characters would run the chairs would shake and they was fake snow falling from the ceiling. After the movie ended you left the theater.

"That was so cool." You said.

"It really was" Daveed said with a smile. "Are you hungry?"

"A little." You replied.

"Let's get outta here." He said taking your hand and heading to the exit.

After you left Daveed took you to a cute little diner a couple blocks down. He picked a booth on the far side of the restaurant and you sat down. "Thank you for today." You said looking him in the eye and finding yourself mildly entranced.

"Anything for you." He said. I could feel my face heating up. The waitress walked over and asked what you would like.

You ordered chicken strips and Daveed got chicken and waffles. After the waitresses left Daveed started talking, "Growing up in Oakland, my mom used to make this all the time for us."

"That's adorable, my parents weren't around too much for me. Skylar's parents helped raise me." You said looking down.

"Well now I'm here and Im hopefully sticking around..." He reached across the table and took your hand. You smiled at him.

After you ate Daveed drove you home. "I had fun today. We should hang out again." You said to him. "We really should." He winked at you.

"Goodnight." You said laughing.
"Goodnight." He reached over and kissed you. You once again felt your body blow up. You hugged him and ran inside the house. Skylar was sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey." You said to her. She had her face in her hands sitting at the table. "You okay?" You asked her putting your purse down.

"My publicist says I can't hang out with you anymore." She said barely turning her head to you.

"What? Why?" You were confused.

"She says you bring down my social level." Skylar said still not looking at you. You scoffed out loud.

"What does that mean?" You were starting to get defensive.

"We can be friends anymore... At least not publicly." She finally looked up at you.

"But we live together..." You said feeling your heart starting to sink down to your stomach.

"About that, I'm also moving." She said.

"Skylar you aren't even famous what do you mean "Social ranking"?" You said getting upset.

She looked upset also. "I'm a developing celebrity. I'm going to be leaving by the end of the week. If you have an questions you can ask my manager." She said sounding very scripted, like someone told her to use those exact words.

You could feel tears starting to build up. "Don't bother." You ran into your room, grabbed some of your stuff and left. Skylar didn't even try to stop you.

You didn't know where to go so you called the one person you could trust.

Daveed answered on the second ring. "Hey Y/N. What's up?"

"Daveed... Sky--Sky--Skylar said we can't be friends anymore because I'm basically an embarrassment!" You could barely get the words out between your crying. The second Daveed heard you crying he changed his demeanor from the classic laid back to completely serious. "Y/N, It's okay just relax. I'll be there in 15."
"Okay." You said and hung up. You sat on a nearby bench and waited for Daveed to come.