10- Redemption

After a couple days the judge finally decided the bail, and thank God for Skylar's new found fame or she would not have been able to pay that amount. She had spent the night at Lin's house so when she noticed the court update she instantly got excited and shook him to wake up.

"Lin! Lin! Wake up..." She exclaimed. He groaned tiredly and opened his eyes slowly.

"What..?" He grumbled.

"We can go bail them out today. Come on, get up we have to go get them!" Skylar said hopping out of bed.

In this moment, as Skylar handed all the money, in cash, to the receptionist. She could feel her blood pumping quickly. The receptionist looked at her oddly before accepting the money. "They'll be out around 6:45."

Skylar looked down at her watch {2:24} it read. She exhaled in annoyance. "Is there any way they could be released sooner?" She asked. The receptionist shot her an annoyed face but did not answer.

Lin saw Skylar getting heated and could tell she was about to do something she would regret, he stopped it before it happened though. "Let's go see a movie. We'll come back after." He suggested to her. Skylar kept her eyes glued on the receptionist. Then turned to Lin.

"Fine." She gave in. The receptionist closed her window and Lin wrapped an arm around Skylar's waist leading her out of the room. As they left Skylar started ranting, "That woman was a bitch. Did you see the way she like looked at me? She looked at me like I was stupid. I'm not stupid. I just wanted them out of there."

Lin pulled her in tighter. "I know baby I know. Todo estará bien {Everything will be fine}" 

Skylar sighed. "What movie do you want to see?" She asked sadly.

Lin's face curled into a grin "IT?"

"No!" Skylar replied with a laugh.

"Come on! Don't worry!" Lin begged.

"Uhhh Lin I cant handle horror movies." Skylar pouted.

"Then I'll protect you." He said suggestively as leaned in close to her face.

Skylar put a hand on the side of his cheek. "Promise?" She asked, matching the flirty tone Lin was using.

"I promise." He muttered before kissing her gently. He pulled back slowly and stroked her hair. "We should go."

Skylar nodded and they left to go to the movies.

~~~

Now because their movie began at 3 (3:15 really with all the previews) and lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes, Skylar and Lin were out at about 5:35.

"See it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be!" Lin said as they left hand in hand.

"It really wasn't." Skylar admitted with a laugh as she took out her phone to check the time. "Damn it! We still have like an hour!" She complained.

"That's okay, the penitentiary is a bit of a drive anyway." Lin said as he guided her to the car. He was right too. By the time they got there it was almost 6:30. Skylar was totally freaking out.

"What if she hates me and never wants to talk to me again? What if she doesn't forgive me for leaving? What if she refuses to come with us?"

Lin frowned slightly as he rubbed her shoulder. "Skylar, mi amor, she will talk to you, that is your best friend. Forgiveness isn't earned very quickly, you might need to give her time. And she will come with us if she knows what's best for her."

Skylar nodded and exhaled. Suddenly, a loud buzzing sound boomed through the air and the large steel gate began to roll back. Skylar's heart pounded as another buzz opened a door from the jail. Daveed emerged. She heard Lin sigh out of relief, probably because he knew his friend was okay.

Skylar still watched closely, no sign of (Y/N). Daveed made his way down to the car, he looked exhausted, traumatized, and weak. Soon enough he got into the car and Lin immediately started talking to him "Daveed! Oh my God! Daveed you cant do that to me! You had me worried sick, man!"

Daveed laughed weakly. "I'm sorry about that bro."

Lin sighed again. "How have you been? Are you alright?"

"Have you seen (Y/N)?" Skylar butt in.

Daveed seemed to get even more sad about that. "No. No, I haven't, not since that night." He said reflecting on the memory.

As he said that another buzz sounded and Skylar's eyes shot up. The gate rolled open again to reveal (Y/N). Her (H/C) hair looked tattered and like it hadn't been washed in a while. 

Once she was out of the lane and the gate had rolled shut behind (Y/N), Skylar's first instinct was to get out of the car, despite what Lin advised. She slowly walked towards, tears streaming down her face.

You were now also crying. You had missed Skylar more than you thought you would have. In that moment, you weren't even mad, just glad to be back with her. You weren't sure how, but soon your arms were wrapped around her and there you two stood. In front of a jail, both crying your eyes out, in a warm embrace. But truly, in that moment, nothing else felt more right.

Lin observed from the car. Slowly he pulled out his phone and jotted something down into Notes. The events of the last couple weeks had inspired him for lyrics. As he watched them, he typed the lyrics out. "Forgiveness, can you imagine?" He shut off his phone and slid it back into his pocket.