12- Epilogue

"Okay, inhale. Exhale." Skylar said using hand movements to prep you for the show.

You tried to follow suit, breathing in and out. "Okay... I'm ready." You giggled.

A smile stretched out across her face. "Yay!" She cheered. It wasn't your first show but it was in a way... It was your first show on Broadway. You were ready but it didn't make it any less nerve-racking.

You exhaled sharply and made your way to the side of the stage.

The unmistakable music of 'Say No To This' began to play and you walked on stage as Leslie Odom Jr. began to sing.

"There's nothing like summer in the city..."

Your heart pounded as you looked out onto the crowd. The stage lights beamed in your eyes.

You pressed your lips, coated in cherry red lipstick, together. Minutes turned into seconds and before you knew it Lin was already singing. "That's when Miss Maria Reynolds walked into my life, she said..."

That was your cue. You opened your mouth to sing but for some reason, you felt incapable. Thankfully muscle memory for all the practicing and being in off-broadway for a year kicked in or you would have completely choked.

"I know you are a man of honor. I'm so sorry to bother you at home but I don't know where to go and I came here all alone." You managed to get out in fairly good tone. The audience seemed to react nicely to it. You heard faint whistles of approval and it really helped to calm your nerves. Slowly, you felt more comfortable and you really got into character.

-

At the end of the show, everyone gathered on stage for curtain call.

You watched and clapped with a happy smile as Lin, Skylar, and Daveed took their bows.

They stepped back. You heart was racing relentlessly as the whole line took hands and bowed together multiple times. The crowd was booming. It was a feeling unlike any other.

You made your way backstage and changed clothes. Once you had changed you headed over to the stage doors.

There was a giant crowd of people outside. You saw that Lin and Daveed were already out there. You smiled and started walking towards them when you heard, "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Over here."

You turned and saw a fan standing behind the divider. You grinned at them and walked over. "Hi! What's your name?"

It was a girl with long, curly hair and thick glasses on. "Alice! I've been waiting here for 4 hours just to meet you."

"Me?" You asked in a surprised tone

"Yeah! You're my idol." She told you.

You were shocked. You hadn't realized that anyone actually looked up to you or that you had 'fans'. "Oh my God.... Really?" You asked again.