9 - Reminiscing

I woke up to the smell of bacon, a smell that would entice anyone to wake up. With a short grumble, I hopped out of the bed and went to investigate. I popped my head out the door and looked around, no one in the living room. I exhaled in annoyance before going into the kitchen to see a shirtless Daveed. "What's cooking babe?" I asked walking over to him and looking down into the pan.

"Morning beautiful." He said wrapping an arm around me and plant a sweet kiss on my cheek. "Eggs." He said. Turning to the cabinet behind him to grab some black pepper which he sprinkled over it.

"Yum." I said getting clean plates from the cabinet they were stored in. I put them on the counter for Daveed and smiled at him. He turned to me and smiled back wholeheartedly.

~~~
You reflected on these memories and more as you sat on your bed in your cell. All you had was time to think anyway. Silent tears streamed down your face as you tried to piece together what had gone wrong.

As the feelings continued to haunt you, you started to sob, the sound of your crying filled the tiny cell.

"Shut the hell up!" Your cellmate yelled at you, she was rude and very snappy.

You looked over at her with eyes full of tears. You laid back down on the bed and just thought, it all was going so well.

~~~

"I got a client today. I'm going to his house but when I get back be ready cause we're going somewhere." He told (Y/N) between bites of scrambled eggs. "I think you'll like it a lot."

(Y/N) nodded slowly. She looked up at Daveed and tilted her head. "Could you tell me where?"

"Now that would ruin the whole surprise wouldn't it?" Daveed said with a short chuckle. (Y/N) frowned slightly.
"Come on! Tell me!" She begged.

"Just be patient. You'll see after..." He clicked the home button on his phone to check the time. "4:30."

(Y/N) sighed quietly. "Okay..."

~~~

In the jail the other women treated you like shit. You couldn't even imagine having to be in prison for god knows how long. It was cold and dank and really unwelcoming.

The food was terrible and the guards were complete jackasses. You hated each and every minute of it.

Since you barely got any medical attention after you hit your head, you would get horrible headaches multiple times a day. It was actually hell.

But hey, didn't you deserve it?

I mean after all you were selling drugs. Something you never imagined yourself doing.

~~~

Daveed's client had gone and he seemingly disappeared for about 45 minutes. However, soon enough (Y/N) received a text from him that reminded her of the date she was due to go on that she had forgotten all about.

<Daveed💙: Hey babe, get ready I'll be there in 25.>

She was slightly taken back. He spoke as if she knew any information about the date.

<Me: What?? What do I wear? Where are we going?>
<Daveed💙: Dress nicely and you'll see>

The way he was not answering the question pissed her off.

<Me: K.>

Still yet, she dressed up and made sure she looked nice.

~~~

"Hurry the hell up. I wanna use that." One of the inmates urged you. You were in the laundry room trying to wash your clothes and she just showed up demanding to use it.

"Umm, there's like 15 other machines that are open. Use those." You said gesturing to all of them.

She wasn't having it. "No. I wanna use that one." She said sternly.

You turned to face her. "Why do you need to use this specific one?"

"Because I want to." She walked up closer. "I'm not gonna ask again." She said in almost a growl.

"Well good cause I'm not gonna tell you again, I'm using this washing machine. Now go find another one." You told her unapologetically.

Apparently, that idea didn't work for her cause she shoved you, opened the washing machine, and dumped all your wet clothes on the ground.

You looked down at them, "What the hell!" Immediately you ran up to her and pushed her as hard as you could. Somewhere between the time Skylar left you and when you got caught, you actually grew a pair.

Unfortunately for you, the inmate didn't appreciate that very much and the next thing you knew you were on the cold ground and your cheek was bleeding. She'd hit you. Hard.

~~~

Just like he said he would, Daveed came to get you in twenty-five minutes. You were sitting on the couch in your black dress that ended mid-thigh, letting the wind loop around your legs in a dance. Suddenly, your phone buzzed next to you and grabbed it gently, seeing a text from Daveed. Rolling your eyes, you opened it up.