H Ë X

27. T H E E M P R E S S

      Octavius moaned in pain, and she rolled her eyes

"Shut up," The Empress said, then she waved her hand at the Undead soldier to continue his onslaught.

The Empress stood behind a wall of glass. Her torture room was soundproof so no one in the hall would be able to hear his screams of pain. There was a door to the left of the glass window that led into the chamber Octavius was dangling in.

Thick chains held him from the ceiling, damaging the sockets of his arms. The Undead Soldier maimed the naked man's abdomen over and over again, until The Empress spoke through the intercom.

"Alright Lord, are you ready to name names?" Her voice spoke through the mic in the chamber room.

Octavius tried to speak through his swollen tongue, he could barely keep his eyes open. The healed gash on his face had been cut open and bled black profusely.

At his admittance she got up from her chair and opened the door into the room. The Undead Soldier moves away as The Empress stood i from of Octavius.

"You betrayed me." She stated. "Didn't I warn you what would happen if you betrayed me?"

Octavius spoke and it came out a gurgled mess.

      "You didn't say, my Empress." He gurgled out.

      She frowned and took a step back from him, she wiped a bubble of blood that hit her forehead. Then she gave him one good smack, his scream bounced off the walls.

      "Yes I didn't specify, your right." She agreed.

      "Then why did you hit me?" He asked as tears went down his eyes. She had heavily damaged his body, he hoped she would just kill him and put him out of his misery.

      "I want to see how much pain you can withstand." She answered crossing her arms.

      "And?" He asked wanting to know the conclusion she had come to.

      "And, you're a chatte." She spat at him. "You have no tolerance for pain, your all talk."

      He let out a cry of despair at her words.

"Shut up." She repeated. "Let me tell you how this is going to go you traitor. I'm going to look inside your head, and I'm going to take what I deem important." She spoke slowly enunciated each word. "And if I don't find anything of importance, I'm going to put your head on a stick and leave it for the crows. Do you understand?"

      His body shook with a sob. Her hand wrapped around his jaw and she looked into his eyes.

      Breath by breath Octavius felt his control slip, no longer was he in charge of his mind. He felt his memories being pulled from him at a rapid rate. Like a turning book every page of his life was being examined. His most coveted memories, his most painful ones, his secretive ones, and finally his honest ones.

      He gasped as The Empress squeezed his jaw and stole the memories that pertained to the last hunt he had done. The one with the island girl.

      The memory came out of his lips in the form of a black orb of light and The Empresss breathed it in her own mouth and swallowed it whole. Her eyes went completely black as she watched the memory progress in her mind.

      She watched the scene unfold.

      In quick spurts the image played in her mind, of Octavius, Leila, and Horace invading the island. She heard their talk of selling humans on the black market. She saw Mira hiding in the shed, then attacking Octavius with an axe, to which she chuckled. What unnerved her then was the vision of Mira being attacked by Octavius and Leila.

      Her grip on the man took an unbearable hold.

      She felt enraged as she watched Mira be tossed and mishandled by the fucking idiots. Like they had a right to her pain, she held that right no one else. Her obsession had took on borderline possession.

"You hurt her didn't you?" She asked him, her eyes still dominated by black.

      Octavius tried to deny it despite the truth that played in The Empress' mind.

      The scene cut to Octavius lighting a match and then destroying the island. Leila took ahold of Mira and they carted her onto an unmarked ship. One that Octavius had told her had been destroyed.

      Mira's soundless screams twisted her insides apart. This girl's screams belonged to The Empress and no one else. Then the memory faded to black.

      Feline green eyes rolled back into the whites of The Empress' eyes.

"So," she whispered, "that's what you've been up to." Tsk, tsk. "Naughty boy." Her talons clawed his skin. "Where is she? Where is the girl? Did you sell her?"

      "No! I left the boat a few hours later to come here. I don't know what happened to her."

      "Then you are of no use to me." She pushed his face back and stepped away from him.

      "Wait! Wait!" He begged her, "I can find her, I can bring her to you." His voice was slathered with hope.

      The Empress didn't miss a step as she headed to the door.

      "I trusted you once and you desecrated it. There are no seconds chances." She said to him, then she looked at her soldier. "Take him to the brink of death, but don't let him die."