The Argument (Peter Pan)

Written by me

"Can you trust me for once? Please?"

You and Peter had been arguing for quite awhile now. You had wanted to go fight in fights against pirates with them, but he quickly brought down that idea. You were stubborn and he knew it. He knew you wouldn't go down without a fight.

"Y/N, I already told you no. You stay here," he walked over to you and towered over your head. You were a small woman so everyone usually towered over you, "You will stay here until every last thing that could hurt you is dead,"

"I'll be dead by the time that happens. Plus everything that could hurt me could hurt you."

"Exactly darling, if anything were to happen to me, you would take on my roll as the boys' leader and ruler of Neverland. You would be my replacement." Peter replied in a bored tone. He had now turned his back and coolly walked back to his log.

This argument was going absolutely nowhere in your favor. Peter always had sarcastic remarks that outdid any of yours, it was making you irritated. In fact, he usually one every argument, but it was your turn for victory.

"Can I go once, please? Just to prove myself?"

"You don't need to prove yourself because it's not happening. He looked back at you, clearly aggravated. "Y/N, you know the dangers of going out there. That's why the boys and I do the work-" he continued to lecture you in a stern tone. A tone a father would use on their child, "Are you even listening to me?" That's when you broke.

"No actually, it gets tiring to hear the same bullshit every time we have this conversation!" That was enough to make Peter to break as well.

"I'm sorry for caring about your health and happiness! Who are you, the queen?" He had turned back around, mimicking your voice and walked back to your shared tent.

"Why Peter? Why don't you trust me? Why won't you let me fight?"

He faced you again, tears stifled in his eyes. "Because I bloody love you and I can't live without you. The thought of me losing you is enough to make me like this. Please please Y/N don't go with us!"

Peter was now silently crying and your heart broke at the sight. You rushed to him and tightly wrapped your arms around his torso. It was the first time you had ever seen him in tears, it was enough to make you get choked up. He truly loved you. Something you thought you'd live without your whole life.

"I'll stay." it was all you could say without letting the tears flow. Those two words seemed to relax him and the two of you stayed hugging for awhile, unable to be separated because Peter wouldn't let you go. He was afraid if he were to release you that he would lose you. You both knew that all hell would be broken lose if he lost you.

The rest of the day he stayed close by you at all times. If anyone came near you his protective side kicked in and scared that person off. It was quite amusing to watch. I guess he can win the argument this time, but the next one you will so do your victory dance.

I suck at writing ;)