chapter three (p1)

Jack's POV:

Ben and I run excitedly to the front of the ship to see the view. We jump onto the railing and look at our view in amazement. The sound of the wind howling and sea waves colliding surrounded us. The smell of salt and coal filled the outskirts of the ship. I hold on tightly to the railing and look over and into the clear, blue sea.

"Look! Look! Look!" I say quickly, as I see a dolphin gliding through the water as if it was swimming away from the ship. It came out the water and did a smooth dive, then gliding through the water.

"Do you see it, Ben?" I ask in excitement. This process happened a few more times until another one came along.

"There's another one! You see him?!" I ask him again.

My head turns to look at Ben. His eyes widen and lips smiling as he watches the dolphins. Before we knew it, more and more came along and there was around 5 of them.

"Ben, look at that one? Look at it jump!" I exclaim in happiness. We watch the dophin at the front do cool movements in the water.

Ben just gazes at the water around us and the environment itself. I climb a step higher and hold onto the thick piece of rope that attaches the pole to the ship. I whoop in happiness and see if there are any other animals swimming around.

"I can see the Statue of Liberty already! Very small of course!" He says aloud. I laugh slightly and shoot my fist in the air, shouting:

"I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

Ben and I started whooping and getting over excited about the ship. It's just that I feel so special and lucky to actually be on this ship. It is the replica of the famous Titanic that sank to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in 1912- why wouldn't I be happy?! I open my arms out into the air like I am flying and let the breeze and few dots of water go onto my face.

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours. The small wooden clock in our room read 9:57pm. I had just finished sorting out my belongings and making the room feel more for mine and Ben's personality. He was just finishing putting out his photographs of him when he was a little boy, with his Grandmother; who unfortunately passed away last year.

"Today has been a good day Jack. I'm gonna have a wash, brush my teeth and get off to bed." He quietly says, as he picks up his toothbrush, and the towel which the ship provided for the 3rd class passengers.

"Okay, night man. I'm going to take a ciggy. Back in 5,10?" I say, more as a question at the end.

I lay there peacefully on a bench smoking; looking at the dark night sky with many stars shining up the night as well as the deck lights.

My daydreaming got interrupted by a young woman running past me, breathing heavily, crying her eyes out.

I carefully sat up and watched where she was going. I got up and went her direction. She began climbing the ship railings. Oh no. She is going to commit suicide. I walk quickly over to her but slow down and go quiet when I get closer.

"Don't do it" I warn the girl. She jumps slightly, probably of shock. Her head turns quickly. I then realise who she is-

The pretty 1st class girl who I was looking at earlier...