BARELY BY 6 YEARS

BOOK: Destroy Me
CHARACTERS: Vincent and Kendall ft. a majority of others
WORD COUNT: 1547
SHORT BIO: Look, I reread Vincent and Kendall's short story and I just really fucking love them, so this is just a cute little short with their, now, 4 year old son Michael and some others.

I SCROLLED THROUGH HER feed and as I saw a picture with her and some other guy, I felt nothing. I kind of thought that it would hurt a little, but there was nothing. 

"Vince!" Kendall cried from downstairs. "Oh my god Vincent!"

I heard Michael screaming and I felt this wave of panic before shooting up and all but dashing downstairs. Somewhere down the stairs, I dropped my phone but I seriously didn't care. I slid into the kitchen and Kendall was on her knees with the biggest grin on her face. 

Michael was laying on the ground and I could see that he had tomato sauce all over him. 

"What the f-" I started.

"Vince," Kendall chuckled. "Don't swear in front of him, he's impressionable."

"What did you do?" I frowned and kneeled down next to Michael.

"Did we get you dad?" He asked. "Were you scared?"

"Very," I nodded and Kendall laughed.

"I was making him lunch and he got into the tomato sauce," she told me. "It looks kind of like blood, right?"

"No," I scoffed and tapped Michael's nose. "Don't ever do that again. I'm old, I'll have a heart attack next time."

"You're not old," Kendall disagreed and Michael nodded. 

"I'm six years older than you Kendall," I reminded her.

"Barely by six years," she smirked.

"You want a bath buddy?" I asked Michael.

"No," he pouted.

"Go have a bath," Kendall ordered him. "I just got the carpets steam cleaned and you're not going to dirty them."

"I don't wanna," Michael whined. I scooped him up and threw him into the air before catching him, to which he started laughing hysterically. 

"I'll go and run the bath," I told Kendall. "Feed the little monster while I do that."

"Sure," she smiled and I was re-reminded of how gorgeous she was. I wanted to stare at her all day and if we didn't have a son, then I probably would. "Vincent, the bath."

"Right," I nodded. "The bath."

When I finally managed to get Michael in the bath, he started singing to me some song that he'd heard on one of his kid shows.

"Vince," Kendall said and when I looked over, she was leaning against the door frame. "Dev invited us to her baby shower."

"I thought men weren't supposed to go to those things," I rose an eyebrow at her.

"Elijah wants you there," she shrugged. 

"Okay," I nodded. "Can you put it on my phone calendar?"

"Mhmm," she hummed and disappeared. "Vincent, what'd you do to your phone?"

"What?" I frowned.

"What?" Michael repeated and I laughed before poking him on the stomach. He squealed, then Kendall came back and showed me my phone screen. It was utterly shattered and I looked at her in disbelief. 

"I think I dropped it when I was running down the stairs," I mumbled. 

"When we tricked daddy," Michael reminded her. Kendall tried to stay serious, but I could see that she wanted to laugh at him.