T.W.E.N.T.Y. T.H.R.E.E.

Down in the dining room, they were all laughing at some funny and not to mention lame jokes that Mrs. Kim had made. It was all going fine, the food was good, the aura was good, and it felt so close to home to Jungkook. There was just that one missing thing, the one thing that was bugging him the entire time he had been in Taehyung's house. 

"What about Mr. Kim?" He asked, no where near hesitant, because the environment made was nowhere near tentative nor awkward, it was like a reunion of some sort, of his long lost family. 

But as soon as he asked that question a tense atmosphere grew around them, and as soon as the silence engulfed the table, Jungkook knew he screwed up trying to feed his curiosity. He understood, Taehyung's dad must have died-

"He left!"

"Oh" Ohh okay that was harsh, and Jungkook felt so guilty so so guilty for bringing that topic up, but more than guilt, anger was what he felt, anger towards the man who decided on leaving such a beautiful wife and an equally beautiful son behind. "I'm sorry" Jungkook said keeping his tone as low as possible, he really was sorry, for more than what he just said, for more than just bringing the topic up, for not being able to protect Taehyung, because he completely understands what it's like to lose a parent, and Taehyung's might be just worse, because he knew his mom loved him when she left, but Taehyung's dad is still out there, somewhere, and he left with no intention to give back the love his family gave him. 'But it's his loss for loosing someone as precious as Tae and Mrs. Kim' Jungkook thought. 

"No worries Guk, it was way before and we're all over and out now!"

Taehyung turned to his mom while saying those words, and he could see his mom still torn from the events that had happened in the past, she had been so strong all this time, he knows that his mom still remembers his dad because even if his dad hadn't loved his mom, she had, and her love was as pure as a diamond. Well sometimes, every love story doesn't just have a perfect and happy ending, sometimes a love story teaches you more than just happiness, it teaches you how to survive and how to be strong. And what happened way too many years ago, did tear them apart, but made them equally strong, so they don't hold any regrets now! Mrs. Kim later gave a hopeful smile, agreeing with Taehyung, because yes they were over and out, it was unfortunate, but both of them had found a way, and they were here now together, so there are no room for worries about the past, not anymore.

"Don't worry Jungkook" Mrs. Kim said with a very sincere smile. "Well now that the main course is done, are we ready for desserts?"

And hell weren't they ready. 

As soon as that red velvet cake came into view, they both dug in, like wild animals starving for days. Taehyung was extra careful with the cherry on top because "I spent my whole energy on putting it there, god forbid if anything happens to that cherry" but Taehyung was the one to eat that cherry so yes God forbid Taehyung.

In the middle of nowhere, a food fight broke off, it might have started from Jungkook laughing at Taehyung for not being able to even follow his own rule *the cherry issue* and Taehyung throwing only a small piece of cake towards Jungkook and by a small piece I mean a big chunk and it lied squished on Jungkook's face. Taehyung laughed equally remorselessly at Jungkook's squished white face plus adding "Hey Gukie did I ever tell you you would make an awesome Santa Claus. Ho! Ho! Ho!". That just brought forth Jungkook's competitive side, "Lets see if you'd be any better" and the cake fight had commenced. "Stupid" is what Mrs. Kim had thought after seeing the two well-grown up kids behaving as if they were just 5 year olds studying in a montessori, and one of them had taken the other's favorite figurine, and they got in a fight, but she couldn't help but use Taehyung's camera to capture the moment in front of her. This was a memory to rejoice.