The watch.

The next day he follows his chosen victim as she walks down a lonely, tree lined sidewalk to school. She is full of hope, eager to learn.

As she approaches her elementary school the pretty little girl becomes enveloped within a sea of children, all of whom could be his next victim.

But for some unknown reason he is strangely drawn towards her. He is fixated upon her pink and yellow sundress, and the way the dress moves in the wind. He likes how neatly she has tied the bow in her hair, and how well the dress conforms to her body.

She could be in a crowd of thousands, and he would be able to pick her out. Then suddenly while the other children are climbing the stairs entering the school. She turns within the sea of children, looks straight at him for an awkward moment - a boulder in the torrent of children struggling to get to class. Standing there she smiles, and waves, then turns and disappears swallowed up in the rush of children.

"Oh crap! He nervously exclaims stunned, then drops out of sight,
"Was she waving to me?" He asks himself.

He peeks out from the floorboard of his car, foolishly trying to avoid being seen by the little girl. He gains a little more courage, then peeks over his cracked and faded dashboard. He gazes as the last of the children enter the school building. However she is nowhere to be seen.

A sudden cold shiver runs down the length of his spine as he wonders to whom she was waving, was it him? He asks himself as he places his hands over his face in disgust, why does God toy with him so?

He ponders on the situation, but comes to the reassurance that she could not possibly have known, he has been too careful. He notices other parents behind him walking to their cars so he brushes off the incident as a meer coincidence.

He will take the whole day saturday to prepare for Sunday, the day all his preparations come to a conclusion.

He knows her, and her families daily routines better than she does. The church she attends is just a few blocks north of her home on the same street as her School, and a small alley lies two streets before she gets there.

She attends Sunday school early to help her teacher, and also to partake in the doughnuts she always brings.
Her parents join her later for church service, a bit of responsibility for such a good girl.

The alley had been a refuge for societies outcasts for many years, the homeless, drug users, and prostitutes, however a recent city wide initiative has cleared the area of it's bad element.

Although the alley is safe now it still has a reputation; it is far enough away from the highway to hide certain activities but close enough for a quick escape, so now the criminal element only visits for it's sinful purposes.

°°°
Hey guys! Thanks for reading this second chapter.

Feedback, questions, or comments are always welcome.
Don't forget to vote. 😊

Okay happy reading!
-Shay