In To The Woods.

He storms into the trees, and brush determined with the task at hand. He is intent to take no more of her crap, he is steadfast in his resolve to finish this. He walks fast, and his cargo bounces up, and down on his shoulder as he hurries to his destination.

"WEEEEE!" She exclaims getting a real thrill out of the ride.

Her actions just make him angrier; he stomps off in another direction with her still flung over his shoulder.

"Faster Uncle Charlie, Faster, WEEEEEE!" She yells again.

He tries to ignore the endless parade of giggles, and laughs as he searches for the hole he has just dug. He is frustrated at not finding the hole, after all he grew up in these woods.

But every time he thinks he has found it, he realizes he is even more lost than before. He finally comes to a stop in the midst of a group of trees and bushes, standing there a moment trying to get his bearings.

He pulls out the crude map, and tries to make sense of his scribbling looking for some landmark to jog his memory, but because of all the overgrown trees and bushes it's hard to see anything.

"Are we there yet?" she asks.

"Shut up!" he demands smacking her head.

"Where are we going again?" She asks snatching the map from his hand.

He has finally had enough, he grabs back the map, and with all the strength he can muster he tosses her into a big thick bush.

She flies through the air, her arms and legs flailing about. She lands hard but rolls out of the mass of leaves and branches falling onto her bottom with a loud - thud.

"That was mean Uncle Charlie!" She exclaimed with a pout.

"Just sit there, and shut up till I figure out where I am," he demands.

He stands staring at the map for a couple minutes trying to get his bearings without her confusing him.

After a few minutes, he starts to realize where he thinks he just might be, but when he turns to gather up his prize, she is gone.

"Little girl!" he yells.

No answer.

"Little girl!" he repeats.

Still nothing.

All he could hear was the sounds of critters chirping. The frustration that had so recently had him lost in the woods starts to creep back in.

He can't help but think that she might just find her way to the road and be picked up, and what would happen then? She could ruin everything, bring the police back here and that would be the end.

Prison would be hell for him once the other inmates found out his crimes, suicide would be the obvious solution to his dilemma. If he could bring himself to do it, he never was good at being the victim.

"Uncle Charlie," he hears faintly off to his right.

"Where are you?" he yells desperate to find her.

"Over here!" she replies.

This time he gets an idea in which direction she has called, he turns and makes his way through some thick bushes and underbrush. Thorns and jagged limbs cut at his face and arms, but he pushes on, determined to find her.

"Where are you?" He yells.

"Over here Uncle Charlie," she replies getting louder.

He fights his way through the brush, and he knows he is getting closer. He must get to her; his completely demented existence relies on him finding her.

The brush is exceptionally thick as he discovers a new form of frustration, it is like someone or something is trying to keep him from her.

In his mind he silently curses God for providing such a lousy day. He continues to push through fighting his way to her, fighting to save his lifestyle.

"Just stay where you are," he demands.

"Sure thing Uncle Charlie," she replies sounding ever closer.

"I'm not your damn uncle you little
bitch," he mumbles as he breaks through into a clearing.

He breaks through and his first step is a deep one, he tumbles into a freshly dug hole. He tries to grasp the sides as he falls in but there is nothing to grab hold of and he tumbles into the dark, damp hole in the earth. Landing in the bottom, a protruding rock gouges deeply into his temple sending him into a dizzying haze.

Resting at the bottom of the hole pain floods his senses, and his head and ankle throb in pain. Lying there he looks up into the canopy of the trees over head for a little of the comfort he enjoyed so much earlier in the day when he dug this God damn hole.

°°°

Hey guys thanks for reading this chapter!

So.... Wow right? Looks like our demented sadistic S.O.B. got a lil bit of karma.

Thoughts?

Don't be afraid to comment, and don't forget to vote.

Happy reading! ❤- Shay