The Sleepover.

The two of them drive away from the alley, past the church, and onto the highway. He places a couple of toys, and stuffed animals in the front seat to draw her attention away from her predicament.

Before long she is content playing, so much so that she does not even realize the dilemma she has put herself in.

This is his trap, his game, and it has worked perfectly. Naive innocence has worked in his favor, sadly, it has worked for him many times before.

The drive into the country does not take long, and he is pulling up to his house before she looks up from her world of play.

"Is this church?" She asks as the car jerks to a stop.     

"No, you are going to spend the night," he says.

"We are to have a sleepover Uncle Charlie?"

  "Yeah, a sleepover," he replies dumbfounded at how easy it is.

"Okie - dokie,"

The mention of home envisions an atmosphere of love, and family. But his house is anything but that. Even though to see his house you would not know it.

He spent time making the house look welcoming. Even went out of his way to plant hundreds of beautiful flowers, and plants. Setting up wind chimes, and garden gnomes. However this is his killing field.

It resembles any other house, but he has created it that way. Lots of pictures decorate the walls, and trinkets are scattered about. He has painted the perfect picture of a loving home.

   He even has toys in a box in the corner for children to play with, as if anyone would visit him who have children. His reasoning for the toys is sick and demented.

He uses them to lure the reluctant ones, to get them within his grasp where escape is impossible, and torture and death are certain.

"Uncle Charlie, can I play with those toys? Please?" She pleads.

   "I'm not your Uncle, but yeah you can play with them," he replies amazed at how everything is working out so easy.  

   She runs over, and starts digging through the toy box looking at all the toys to play with. She comes across a couple dolls, and sets up a little game and starts playing.

She is in her own little world again, oblivious to what is happening around her just like on the car ride here.

While she is playing, he is eager with anticipation, and excited in his preparations for what he has planned for her.

As he goes about making things ready he keeps an eye on her as he walks past the room, she has no idea what he has in store for her. The shock and surprise of his victim is an added bonus for him, he hates it when they realize what is happening too soon.

  "Are you hungry?" He asks her.

"No Uncle Charlie I'm tired, I wanna nap please," she replies.

  "Let me show you your room," he says.

   She stands but before she walks away, she picks up all the toys and puts them away, nice and neat.

"Thank you for that," he says pleasantly surprised.

     "Well sure Uncle Charlie don't you know that God sends blessings to good children. I need all the blessings from God I can get," she explains.

  He is a little uneasy at the mention of God. At one time when he was young, he thought of himself as a religious person. But he was just a false convert. He was good at saying, and doing all the right things to instill trust. After all trust is hard to come by, and easy to lose.

Now he had the trust of a little girl, she held his hand and followed him into the bedroom. He set her up in bed, and tucked her in the thick knitted quilt.

She said her prayers and closed her eyes drifting off into a dreamland of unicorns and rainbows.

°°°

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this fourth chapter.

Things are gonna turn very disturbing in the next chapter. It involves topics such as rape, and murder.

Don't be afraid to comment, and plz vote. Happy reading!
-Shay