III. Adverse Aftermath

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

¤~¤~~¤~¤

It had been over a week since Yoongi last saw Hoseok as he was being hauled away in an ambulance. After that strange incident, Yoongi couldn't continue his everyday routine. The blood-curdling screams refused to get out of his head. Not Hoseok's, but the strained voice of Yoongi's beloved ex-boyfriend. Hoseok's meltdown triggered the memory of the accident that Yoongi wishes he could simply erase from his mind, from history. The memory that has returned to the forefront of Yoongi's mind is accompanied by screams he could never forget; the screams haunting his dreams and leaving him on the brink of insanity.

Yoongi took another painful swig of his imported whiskey as he sat on his black leather couch. The chilly apartment felt metaphorically empty. Yoongi had been keeping the blinds shut and hasn't turned the lights on in days. Wonhae Manhi Candy's favored employee took a week off from work to shut himself in that dark hellhole he calls home.

An image of Jungkook's broken body on the cool asphalt flashed through Yoongi's mind, bringing tears to his eyes. Without a second thought, Yoongi chugged the rest of the alcohol before screaming 'fuck' and chucking the glass bottle at the nearest wall. The sound of shattering glass only encouraged more unwanted scenes to flash before his eyes.

He was out of control that night. Why Yoongi thought it'd be a good idea to get piss drunk the night before of their 2-year anniversary was beyond him. Stricken with sudden anxiety right after work, Min Yoongi instinctively sought out liquid comfort.

Jungkook was overcome by fear once his eyes witnessed the state his boyfriend was in as he stumbled through the door and into the living room. "What the fuck are you looking at," Yoongi spat.

"I, I thought you were going to stop drinking for me," said Jungkook, timid. Yoongi frowned at Jungkook's words. "You promised me that you'd quit doing this to yourself."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes and slurred, "Y'know what, Kook? You... are shelfish. The world's not r'volve 'round you." Yoongi took a step toward Jungkook and, in turn, Jungkook took a step back from Yoongi. This infuriated the drunkard beyond belief. "Why're you backin' 'way fr'm...me, huh?"

Jungkook firmly stated, "I don't like it when you're like this, Yoongi. We'll talk when you're sober." Jungkook nodded his head dismissively and then turned around to head towards their bedroom.

"Where d'ya think you're goin'?! 'M not done with you!" Yoongi yelled as he rushed over to Jungkook and grabbed the back of his shirt. "Don' yuh dare run fr'm me!"

"Yoongi, let go of me!" Jungkook squirmed, trying to get out of the firm grip of the man who reeked of booze. Yoongi growled 'fine' and released Jungkook's shirt after he yanked it back with so much force that the poor boy was thrown to the ground. Jungkook winced as his butt made an impact with the floor and then looked up at his wasted boyfriend.